Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sunday Specials/Happy Hours/Late Hours

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Sunday Specials/Happy Hours/Late Hours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jessicat0
    Participant

Sunday night is like my Friday night, and I usually get home from work looking for somewhere to go out and have a nice meal, preferably some drinks, ect, but of course Sunday hours are limited at best, but it seems like a good night for a retail wine special or some other great deal to get people in the door. We are vegetarians, but I’m thinking others might find the info useful so prime rib and steak specials welcome!

Any good suggestions?

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

i love sunday night dirty frank’s.
    its my favorite dirty frank’s of all!

and ubertasty veg options.

(but don’t tell anybody, cuz you’ll ruin it for me . . .)

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

but yeah, i could totally use more late sunday options as well. all my faves are closed by 3pm, and all the b-listers are done by 9 if you’re lucky. i need good sunday midnite food & drink on a regular basis . . .

AmyJ
    Participant

Bodega has trivia on Sunday nights and usually has a pretty big crowd as well as a few drink specials.

CycleJackson

Morrissey Sundays at Little Palace.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

yeah, but see that has morrissey . . .

*shudder*

blacklicker

Lalibela, an Ethiopian restaurant at the corner of S.Hamilton and E.Main, serves a full menu until 1:30am seven nights a week. They even have vegetarian dishes, beer and liquor for the original poster.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Barcelona has a retail price wine night on Sunday.

It seems like German Village has (proportionately)more restaurants open on Sunday evening – Lindey’s (until 10pm), G Michael’s (until 10pm), Barcelona (5-9pm)

All of the Betty’s Family of Restaurants are good Sunday night options and I think Latitude 41 is open for dinner.

The Rossi is open until 2.30am Sunday night (kitchen open until 1am).

Los Guachos taco truck is usually open late on Sundays as El Volcan often has bands playing. It’s not a good vegetarian option but it is a good late night Sunday place.

There is an old Sunday thread that has some other ideas too.
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/sunday-nights

DCist

A search on Opentable for a 9pm dinner reservation reveals that these are open past 9 for food/drinks on a Sunday:

Cantina Laredo
    Cap City
    G. Michaels
    J. Liu
    Lemongrass
    Lindeys

Also, Bonefish in Dublin is open until 10p on Sunday.

It makes me sad there isnt more to do on a Sunday night!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DCist wrote >>
    It makes me sad there isnt more to do on a Sunday night!

Opentable only shows you the restaurants that take reservations via Opentable, no? I don’t believe they’re going to show you everything else. As hungrywoolf mentioned, all of the Betty’s restaurants are open late every night of the week… they just don’t take reservations. ;)

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

My favorites:

Dick’s Den for jazz on Sunday nights and some of the friendliest bartenders in town. Also, super cheap beer.

Blue Danube, kitchen til 2am, great drink specials, plenty of vegetarian junk food.

St. James Tavern for draught beer

Most Short North restaurants are open (Haiku, Lemongrass, Bernard’s, Union, etc)

Cafe Silla on Henderson, Korean food til 2am.

Long Islands at Char Bar.

Taj Bar, Chris & Michael mix awesome drinks and Taj has some of the best Sag Paneer in town.

Plank’s on High, cheap food & beer

I could go on and on…Sunday nights in Columbus are my favorite nights in Columbus.

Bubbletoes

Went to Dirty Franks last night after work (just before 11pm). Fries were good, drinks were good, hot dogs were super yummy. We saw 3 stand-up comics do short sets. Good food, some laughs – all in all, I can highly recommend it.

thirstychef
    Participant

Any new or changed Sunday night places that has sparked anyone’s interest lately?

roy
    Participant

It’s Sunday, anyone got ideas? Just something comfortable and low key.

erikbobbitt
    Participant

Press Grill in the Short North has $10 steak night on Sundays. Can’t remember all the details – I believe it’s a strip steak but it’s tasty!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE