Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Suggestions for Sat night dancing - Arena District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Suggestions for Sat night dancing – Arena District

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

the cruise director
    Participant

I’m celebrating my 30th birthday on Saturday, and really want to go out dancing (it’s been way too long, and I won’t succumb to “getting too old”). We’ll be in the Arena District for dinner/drinks, so I’d like to stay in that area to minimize driving. It seems to me that most places are overrun with young 20-somethings… I wish there was somewhere more for the 30s crowd….

TIA

I always have a good time at Bristol: Yes, not quite in the “arena district” but not too far.

Good Drinks, but check your bill… Last time I was there they charged me for a $9 drink I never ordered, but to be far that was the first time I’ve ever had any issues.

The DJ on Saturday nights is really good too!

Callahan’s seemed to have a nice setup the few times I’ve been there. I don’t dance so I might not be the best judge of that part of it all though. It would atleast be an alternative to Sugar. The Social is really nice but it’s members only on Saturdays I think.

mikegetsit

I would say nowhere in the arena district. My girlfriend and i went looking for something similar, but found pretty much everywhere to be lame or rude. The more frat type bars, brothers and the one next to it were very rude, so rude in fact, that we didnt even go in, we just left. The nicer places like mozaik had great door people, but they were boring. We were told about club ice and went there. We had to stand in line for maybe 45min but it was worth it. We had a great time there, and everyone was friendly. The bartender gave us multiple free drinks, and when we paid, he would pour a double for the price of a single. Mind u this is a “black club” but we by far had the best time there. We got on stage and started dancing, they let u smoke cigarettes inside 1 room from like 1:30 on after they closed the patio. Best place we went to in columbus by far, and we must have gone to 12 places that weekend.

JonMyers
    Participant

If you like to grasp a Miller Light in a stoic fashion, give a slight sway to your hips and make people uncomfortable in that wedding party way – then yes – anywhere in the Arena District will do. Otherwise I’d avoid it if you’re looking to dance.

Bristol is a great place to go on a Saturday night. Especially if you are doing it up a little on your birthday. I’m not always down with the music, but people are dancing and you’ll have a good time. Happy birthday.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

There’s only one answer to the question of where you should be dancing Saturday night…
    Skully’s
    THE BOYS OF FALL RETURN…
    GIL MANTERA’S PARTY DREAM

w/ GO LAB (EX STYLEX)
    w/ BODACIO
    And I’d never send anyone to Club Ice. I think they fixed the front windows, but once a club exceeds about 4-5 bullet holes in the glass, it gets taken off my list of recommendations…not that it ever would have been on there in the first place.
    Seriously…Skully’s…Gil Mantera…amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing time.

pregame

Checkout MOZAIK in the arena district. parkings always $3 and they have an older more mature crowd. its located at 51 vine street, accross from north market.

http://www.mozaiklounge.com

Schoolboy
    Participant

You have to be a little more specific to the type of music you like to dance to first

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

Park St Tavern. They always have live music and there is always dancing going on up front by the stage. I guess it depends on what type of dancing you are looking for.

Mister MooCow
    Participant

Schoolboy wrote >>

You have to be a little more specific to the type of music you like to dance to first

Say, stuffed mixed by Trevor Simpson, Jody den Broeder, Kaskade, maybe a little Deadmau5, or even some Eddie Santana?

Angel

ColumbusLivePhoto wrote >>
    Callahan’s seemed to have a nice setup the few times I’ve been there. I don’t dance so I might not be the best judge of that part of it all though. It would atleast be an alternative to Sugar. The Social is really nice but it’s members only on Saturdays I think.

Callahan’s upstairs is fun, they play like old school rap and stuff, which I love. I’m not into the techno/house stuff.

ChandraD

I try to stay away from the Arena District nightlife, unless I’m in the mood for a bandwagon of douche.

Houserules

Angel wrote >>

ColumbusLivePhoto wrote >>

Callahan’s upstairs is fun, they play like old school rap and stuff, which I love. I’m not into the techno/house stuff.

But you know why they play the techno and house stuff at Callahans don’t you? It’s so they don’t get the “thug” crowd … the “thug” crowd hates “techno & house” so they sneak it in just to sour the milk for them. The reason they don’t want the “thug” crowd is they tend to get too agressive with the women, and Callahans by far has the best looking women in the arena district. The downstairs DJ will also play 80’s and rock to give the illusion the club is not “thug” friendly since he’s on the outside entrance speakers, but once you make it upstairs the other DJ pretty much plays tracks you’d hear at other clubs without having some guy trying to rape you on the dancefloor.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

Thug crowd? Why dont you just say black people. (As a black man myself I dont take offence to what you are trying to say. But if you are going to talk in code I feel like I need to translate)

I have seen a lot of agressive frat boy types in that area but no one has a problem with them bars because that have a clean cut look.

Oh and I love techno and house.

Just saying..

greenhouse1014
    Participant

coolbuckeye wrote >>
    Thug crowd? Why dont you just say black people. (As a black man myself I dont take offence to what you are trying to say. But if you are going to talk in code I feel like I need to translate)
    I have seen a lot of agressive frat boy types in that area but no one has a problem with them bars because that have a clean cut look.
    Oh and I love techno and house.
    Just saying..

you’ve been, like, one of my favorite CUers lately. Don’t you know we white folks are afraid to say black? It’s like when we’re in a group together and a black person walks past. we lower our voice to a whisper when we say black.

“I was talking to some of my (whispers) black (raise voice back to normal) friends the other day…”

Oh, and you know frat boys aren’t scary because they’re white. White folks are never scary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE