Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sugar Bar 2

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Sugar Bar 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like the Red Zone is back!

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Whaaaaaaaaa?

Why did they close the first time?

Also, interesting location!

JAL
    Participant

I believe this was the venue that was in The Long Street Live Complex. I think they moved it to the Old RedZone, now Sugar 2, location to make room for the Garage (Resurrected)Dance Club that is now moving into the Long Street Live space.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I like the name!

gramarye
    Participant

Man, announcements like this make me feel old.

But I’d still go out and party with the youngsters if I were still in the area. Shame is not part of my emotional constitution.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I like the name!

Sugar Bar 2: Electric Boogaloo

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Four VIP rooms makes me feel super exclusive.

misskitty
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Four VIP rooms makes me feel super exclusive.

That’s four VIP sections it’s not cool enough for the rooms.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

stephentszuter said:
    Why did they close the first time?

Red Zone? It closed because the bigger club scene was fading away to be replaced by smaller venues. Plus, Park Street became the hotter nightlife destination and not as many people were interested in the one-off locations but rather a strip of bars/venues for hopping around.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Walker said:
    Red Zone? It closed because the bigger club scene was fading away to be replaced by smaller venues. Plus, Park Street became the hotter nightlife destination and not as many people were interested in the one-off locations but rather a strip of bars/venues for hopping around.

No I meant Sugar Bar. The first Sugar Bar… I remember going there before they closed and reopened more recently as The Social Club.

Then there was Spice…

I assume just declining revenues?

travelchic68

Who out there remembers when the soon to be Sugar Bar 2 location was a bar called 87 West?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

stephentszuter said:
    No I meant Sugar Bar. The first Sugar Bar… I remember going there before they closed and reopened more recently as The Social Club.

Then there was Spice…

I assume just declining revenues?

It’s the same owners, so imagine changing up the concept to keep it fresh/interesting was the main point behind all of their relaunchings. Nightlife crowds can be fickle customers sometimes.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

Walker said:
    It’s the same owners, so imagine changing up the concept to keep it fresh/interesting was the main point behind all of their relaunchings. Nightlife crowds can be fickle customers sometimes.

exactly….they just close and re-brand the place every couple of years to create a new buzz and put a face lift on the joint. Ultimately, it’s same ownership, same management, and same target clientel.

groundrules
    Participant

and the same redbull and vodkas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: