Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Studio 35 ballot issue: VOTE!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Studio 35 ballot issue: VOTE!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bear wrote >>
    Those devious bastards! Going to all this trouble to get us to pass a law to ensure that they can do what they can already do.
    Clearly, the next step in their plan is… is… uhh……..
    ok, help me out here.

I just spoke to co-owner Eric Brembeck on the phone for some clarification about what this is for. He said they do have a D2 and D2X license, but it’s worded to say that they can only sell “beer and prepackaged drinks” and not wine. He said it’s an issue that they’ve tried to work around with grandfathering clauses, but haven’t been able to overcome. It sounds like there was some sort of change in what the licenses mean awhile back, and theirs specifically doesn’t state “wine”. Which is why they’re applying for this update/change on the ballot.

crsimp01
    crsimp01
    Participant

I live a block from Studio, though not across the street, but I have never seen or heard a problem from anyone on rowdiness, litter or crime as a result of Studio. Its a great place, I attend as much I can and there is no problem with them serving liquor. Whether they are a movie theater that serves beer & liquor, or a bar that shows movies…what does it matter. Come on man, Clintonville is better because of Studio.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I’ve lived just south of Studio 35 for almost ten years. Never known of any problems from the theatre, just great neighbors with big hearts and a whole lot of community involvement. I consider the theatre an asset to my neighborhood.

Bring on the vino!

roy
    Participant

Full Disclosure Request: If anyone who has posted on this thread is a former employee of Studio 35, please state so. I don’t know for sure but I heard today that some of the posters on this thread speaking against the ballot issue are former employees and that unrelated issues may exist.

I’m for the issue but don’t live in the voting district.

Core_Models

Mister MooCow wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>
    I think a quick view of the OPs other topics started make it clear there’s an axe to grind.

I gots no axes to grind, only hooves to to trim!

moo!

lol…sorry Moocow, I actually thought butcher was the OP till I rechecked. He’s a former employee (judging by his former posts), and clearly has some issues with the new owners.

KSquared

Mister MooCow rocks. I love that there is always a little signature at the end of his posts, usually clever and always amusing.

I would love to be able to have a glass of wine at Studio 35. I would definitely be voting yes if I could.

Bear
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    I just spoke to co-owner Eric Brembeck on the phone for some clarification about what this is for. He said they do have a D2 and D2X license, but it’s worded to say that they can only sell “beer and prepackaged drinks” and not wine.

Makes sense. Thanks for straightening that out.

I suspect if they’d been trying to get a liquor license voted in with something more appealing, they would have bundled it together with a permit to operate an orphanage or something of the sort.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Here’s hoping the issue passes today. Eric and Rita and everyone who works at Studio 35 have done a tremendous job tending to a true Clintonville gem and institution. The entire Studio 35 crew has always given generously of their time and resources back to the community and created a truly unique environment for movie-going in Columbus. I’m proud to have them as neighbors.

Roland
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

Mister MooCow wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>
    I think a quick view of the OPs other topics started make it clear there’s an axe to grind.

I gots no axes to grind, only hooves to to trim!

moo!

lol…sorry Moocow, I actually thought butcher was the OP till I rechecked. He’s a former employee (judging by his former posts), and clearly has some issues with the new owners.

People try, but CU always weeds out the fakes.

Bear
    Participant

Roland wrote >>

Hah, that’s what you think! I’ve really just been Enzo’s sockpuppet for the last two and a half years.

joev
    Participant

Bear wrote >>

Roland wrote >>

Hah, that’s what you think! I’ve really just been Enzo’s sockpuppet for the last two and a half years.

It’s all about EGO, Bear.
    ETA, It’s mostly about EGO but also about foam.

racheltb
    Participant

I was sad that though I live two blocks from Studio35 I couldn’t vote on this issue today. :( I did get to vote for Sunday sales at BrewStirs. Damn archaic liquor laws should all be abolished in my opinion.

Bear
    Participant

joev wrote >>
    It’s all about EGO, Bear.
    ETA, It’s mostly about EGO but also about foam.

Victory is mine.

racheltb wrote >>
    Damn archaic liquor laws should all be abolished in my opinion.

+1. Though I find a surprising diversity of opinion on that issue.

Mister MooCow
    Participant

#11A Columbus 19-F Local Option CO 19 F
    1 of 1 Precincts Reporting
    Issue Absentee May4 Votes Total
    YES 112 177 289
    NO 38 56 94

#11b Columbus 19-F Local Option CO 19 F
    1 of 1 Precincts Reporting
    Issue Absentee May4 Votes Total
    YES 104 173 277
    NO 43 60 103

with 100% of corrals reporting in…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sweet! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER