Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Student housing planned for Lane and Tuttle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Student housing planned for Lane and Tuttle

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dashboard2004 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2015/08/28/more-ohio-state-student-housing-on-the-way-at-lane.html

There is a small 1 story building at the location that would be torn down. I really like the design.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Very nice!! Great location for ground floor retail.

ohbr
    Participant

It’s slightly reminiscent of the old Chittenden Hotel. I think it’s the staggered caps that bring it to mind. That’s an old building I would love to see recreated downtown.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I’m a little jealous this is not being proposed for downtown. Would love to see something like this in the River South District with all the large windows and balconies.

sruckus
    Participant

My view out the window keeps getting better with all this development. Have had projects to watch go up for the past couple winters now! :P

WJT
    Participant

It’s slightly reminiscent of the old Chittenden Hotel. I think it’s the staggered caps that bring it to mind. That’s an old building I would love to see recreated downtown.

I thought the exact same thing right away – The Chittenden. It would be nice to have one of the new infill projects downtown do some kind of ‘take’ on it at least.

I like this proposal. It is different-but in a good way! Funny that this student housing proposal looks better than many of the ‘luxury’ proposals/builds downtown, in the Short North, etc.

ohbr
    Participant

For reference. The Chittenden stood at the NW corner of High and Spring where the BWC building now stands.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

https://www.columbusunderground.com/tuttle-park-place-lane-avenue-bw1#comment-137558

Loving the height of this. Reflects the Student Services building across Lane nicely and brings prominence to this gateway corner of the campus. It nicely steps down towards the back to the exiting development as well

dashboard2004
    Participant

Sweet looking building. Parking in that area is a bear, I didn’t log in to access the article so didn’t notice if they’re constructing underground parking, but hopefully they do.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.