Strongwater Food and Spirits
October 3, 2013 5:15 pm at 5:15 pm #99080
Come check us out tonight at Strongwater’s event space located at 401 west Town st 43215 (entrance on Lucas street). Have one of our signature cocktails or try a select beer on tap. Check us out on Facebook. Doors open at 530pm!October 3, 2013 6:06 pm at 6:06 pm #552732
Strongwater Opens Event Space at 400 West Rich
Published on October 3, 2013 1:55 pm
The special events space at Strongwater Food and Spirits officially opened during Urban Scrawl back in August, and has hosted a handful of events since then, but starting this week the bar will be open on a more regular basis for thirsty visitors to 400 West Rich.
October 3, 2013 6:10 pm at 6:10 pm #552733
Thanks guys!October 3, 2013 6:20 pm at 6:20 pm #552734
No prob! ;)October 3, 2013 6:26 pm at 6:26 pm #552735
nice space, I’ll have to stop by one of these days!October 3, 2013 6:36 pm at 6:36 pm #552736
I’d recommend also swinging by the grand opening of Wood Metal Art before/after a drink at Strongwater:
Should be a fun night in Franklinton! ;)October 3, 2013 6:37 pm at 6:37 pm #552737
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at a private event a couple weeks ago – very cool space, awesome staff, great cocktails. Definitely check it out!November 7, 2013 5:38 pm at 5:38 pm #552738
Bar profile: Strongwater’s soft open still satisifies
By Lorian Long
From the November 7, 2013 edition
If we could anthropomorphize a location, or space, then one might say that Strongwater’s bar/restaurant/events space is one helluva schizophrenic animal.
In one gigantic industrialized space, art hangs on the walls, couches look comfortable enough to sleep on and a bar in the corner hosts its share of patrons. There’s obviously a place for a stage/sound system setup, but tonight I’m here with the “I hate my job” crowd, and so it’s rather empty and quiet, but still jovial.
READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2013/11/07/bar-profile-strongwaters-soft-open-still-satisifies.htmlDecember 30, 2013 7:05 pm at 7:05 pm #552739
Published on December 30, 2013 1:50 pm
Strongwater Food & Spirits Set to Open Kitchen in January
By: Ayana Wilson
The event space and bar at Strongwater Food & Spirits are currently operational, and in early 2014, the Kitchen will be as well. Under the guidance of Chef Will Johnston, Strongwater’s kitchen menu will feature reimagined classics served in a way that’s still recognizable and accessible.
READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/strongwater-food-spirits-set-to-open-kitchen-in-january-aw1January 13, 2014 2:34 am at 2:34 am #552740
The Full Strongwater Food & Spirits Menu:
• Dips Trio – A sampling of three classics: Garlic Hummus, Strongwater Guacamole, & Caramelized Shallot and Bacon Dip. Served with pita chips, tortilla chips, and potato chips.
• Peppadew Pepper Crostini – Toasted Italian bread topped with herbed Boursin cheese and sweet Peppadew pepper spread.
• Charcuterie Board –Chef’s selection of cured and preserved meats. Paired with cornichons, pickled dilly beans and our savory and sweet tomato jam.
• Artisanal Cheese Board – A hand-picked selection of cheeses from the North Market’s Curds & Whey boutique. Paired with crostini, dilly beans, and house-prepared Red Pepper & Habanero Jelly.
• Empanadas – Hand-made pastries filled with our house pulled pork and Chihuahua cheese, served with a side of chimichurri rojo.
• Memphis Dry Ribs – Baby-back ribs rubbed with our secret spice blend and slow smoked. Served with a side of house BBQ sauce.
• Dry Rubbed Wings – Two whole chicken wings are rubbed with a spicy dry rub and smoked, then finished with a sweet and spicy habanero glaze.
• Quinoa Sliders – Three spiced quinoa and vegetable patties are served with a sweet tomato gastrique, spicy sun sprouts and vegan mayo on a mini-brioche bun.
• Pulled Jackfruit Tacos – 2 corn tortillas filled with slow-cooked jackfruit and topped with Sriracha slaw and chimichurri rojo.
• Chili & Cornbread Waffles – Sweet corn waffles topped with either beef or veggie chili, sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Sandwiches & Panini
• Eggplant Meatloaf Sandwich – Savory eggplant meatloaf is served on sourdough with sweet and spicy red remoulade sauce, melted goat cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion. Served hot. Also available with traditional pork & beef meatloaf.
• Club Sandwich – Warm French bread is topped with confit chicken, black pepper aioli, melted Swiss cheese, caramelized red onion and tomato jam
• Columbus Pulled Pork – Tender pulled pork shoulder is served on a pretzel bun with zesty Northern Alabama White BBQ sauce, melted smoked Gouda cheese, and sweet pickle relish.
• Vegan Reuben – Corned-beef-style seitan is thin sliced and served on rye bread with sauerkraut and vegan Russian dressing.
• Croque Madame Panini – Smoked ham is paired with a fried egg, pickled dilly beans, and Dijon mustard on sourdough bread and toasted. Finished with our creamy Swiss cheese sauce.
• Vegan B.L.T. – King Oyster Mushroom “bacon” is slow smoked and served with arugula, smoked tomatillo and vegan mayo. Also available with brown sugar glazed pork belly.
• Chorizo & Pear Panini – Toasted ciabatta bread is served with quince paste, Manchego cheese, thin sliced pear, and sliced Spanish chorizo.
• Eggplant & Mozzarella Panini – House pesto is combined with fresh mozzarella cheese and grilled eggplant, served hot on French bread.
• Japanese Ginger Salad – Japanese steakhouse-style salad with shredded iceberg lettuce, carrots, radish and cherry tomato tossed in a sweet ginger dressing.
• Wedge – A whole head of mini-iceberg lettuce is split then topped with cherry tomato, goat cheese, and crumbled bacon. Served with our house-made goat cheese dressing.
• Caesar Wedge – A mini-head of Romaine lettuce is topped with house-made Caesar dressing, herbed croutons, and parmesan cheese.
• Chef’s Salad – Romaine lettuce tossed with sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and confit chicken then topped with house-pickled egg and served with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette.
• Panna Cotta – Delicate and creamy panna cotta is served with a sweet fruit gelee.
• Pie of the Moment – A slice of house-made pie served with vanilla bean ice cream.January 13, 2014 1:51 pm at 1:51 pm #552741
Give me all of that. Right now. In my face.January 15, 2014 2:53 pm at 2:53 pm #552742
I had that chorizo pear panini last night. It was STFU good.January 15, 2014 3:12 pm at 3:12 pm #552743
Sounds tasty. I like the Pear & Brie Grilled Cheese at The Tavern, and it sounds equally delicious. ;)May 31, 2014 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm #1020415
After many many drinks at Strongwater, Anne and I were finally able to snag some food tonight! We were impressed with a very solid cuban sandwich, a nice pretzel-bun pork sandwich, and two of the tacos: jackfruit and the fish taco. Everything seemed accessible and familiar (comfort food) but also some upscale ingredient choices and higher quality products to make it stand out. Might be one of my favorite new restaurants of 2014 thus far.
Oh, and the kettle chips were awesome! I just read that they’re OH! Chips, which I don’t think I’ve had before, but they all had the flavor of fried okra, which sounds weird but was absolutely delicious. Was that intentional or maybe they were just made in a batch of oil that had been used for fried okra? Is that even on the menu? Either way, will definitely order those chips again. Stellar!June 18, 2014 10:40 am at 10:40 am #1025215
Strongwater Food & Spirits to Add New Patio this June
June 18, 2014 10:33 am – Ayana Wilson
For fans of Strongwater Food & Spirits, there’s good new this summer. The bar and restaurant side of 400 West Rich opened for business in January, and to ring in their first summer, they’re adding a patio along the north side of the building.
READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/strongwater-food-spirits-to-add-new-patio-this-june-aw1
The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.