Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Street Speech newspaper

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Street Speech newspaper

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Daz
    Participant

</div> looks like there was a link that was never closed in the post above mine

… sorry, it might be my fault for trying to get fancy and post a link …

Core_Models

its OK, Walker broke C/U a while back.

:D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Fixed. It happens sometimes when people try to link to youtube videos with a URL bbcode tag. The forums will automatically embed a youtube video when it detects a youtube URL, and it tries to strip it out of the code. As Daz said, it ends up preventing tags from closing that breaks the layout.

I haven’t bothered to figure out a fix as it doesn’t happen very often, and it’s easy enough to just edit the post when it does.

There is more information on the help page about posting video. Just posting the URL is all you have to do. ;)

lifeliberty
    Participant

I saw a lady at the last pearl alley farmers market selling what I thought were copies of street speech that she made on a copier, and saying for people to support the homeless. She was standing just East of Lola about 1:20pm Friday. Do not buy the copies, only buy from vendors with the badge and original copies.

If I see her again, I’m going to report her and find out if anything can/should be done.

catnfiddle
    Participant

The gentleman selling at North Market is a great guy. Buy two from him.

lifeliberty
    Participant

http://www.careyspics.com/homeless.htm

I found a lot of these pics interesting, they are all in Columbus.

Plus, she has a site up to buy pics where the money goes to The Columbus Coalition for the Homeless http://www.careyspics.com/art_for_the_homeless_main.htm

Coreroc

They do these papers out in San Fran and Oakland and I personally think that it is a great way to get the homeless into a position that empowers them to spread knowledge and make a buck at the same time. Kudos to whomever brought this about!!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Sure beats “hey bro, my car ran out of gas and my family and my blah blah, spare some cash?”

sjf

There’s a very friendly African American gentleman that sometimes sells these on High near City Center or at the corner of High and State. I’ve bought off him two or three times and he’s polite and professional. I’d encourage others to support him.

lifeliberty
    Participant

yeah, that is who I buy mine from too.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Why can’t Americans just be Americans?

sjf

I did it for identification purposes so others might support him and know he’s legit. I shouldn’t have doubted the ability of someone to make an inane comment.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Oh right, the african guy. Silly me.

lifeliberty
    Participant

i may have been wrong before about the lady in front of Lola, now she has a badge and is selling the correct paper. anyways, there is a new paper out this month. Still buying from the guy at State and High, he’s a great guy and doesn’t give you the “Have a blessed day” greeting, which after about the 3rd time hearing it started becoming annoying. that’s cool if that’s your thing, but I’m supporting the homeless, not the church.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: