Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Straight Razor Shave

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Straight Razor Shave

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Cyclist

Does anyone know a place in the city that still does straight razor shaves? I am wanting to treat myself to one. I talked to one barber and she said he used to do it until the 1990’s but stopped for health risks/fear of HIV infection.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I’ve been wanting to do it for a while. Jim at Mug ‘n Brush had ’em advertised and I’ve always meant to ask him.

It is/was by appointment only.

laChewla
    Participant

Cyclist wrote Does anyone know a place in the city that still does straight razor shaves? I am wanting to treat myself to one. I talked to one barber and she said he used to do it until the 1990’s but stopped for health risks/fear of HIV infection.

Are you going to cut off your beard??

Cyclist

laChewla wrote

Cyclist wrote Does anyone know a place in the city that still does straight razor shaves? I am wanting to treat myself to one. I talked to one barber and she said he used to do it until the 1990’s but stopped for health risks/fear of HIV infection.

No. Its part of my mullet creation.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

There is a place in old Dublin that does it. No idea what it’s called.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

turbo ninja
    Participant

Gina’s in Grandview. Call ahead.

laChewla
    Participant

Cyclist wrote

laChewla wrote

Jesus.

blammo
    Participant

laChewla wrote

Cyclist wrote

laChewla wrote

Jesus.

Jesus had an awesome mullet.

Jakerman

You can get a Great Straight Razor Shave @ The Noble Baron Gentleman’s Barber Shop. They specialize in them and they are very clean & the shaves are very relaxing..We practice all of the safest sterilization techniques and take only the beard and the shaving cream and leave your blood in your face :)
    21 N. High St. New Albnay, Ohio 614-245-8493

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Bexley Barber Shop will do it too.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This place isn’t quite open yet, but should be a new option soon:

Old Familiar Barber Shop Opens Soon in Olde Towne East

surber17
    Participant

a short while ago I remember reading in article in a Columbus magazine about a guy who was classically trained in London on how to give a straight razor shave. I believe the piece said he was in Grandview and I thought it said you could sit outside in a garden to have this done. Did anyone else read something like this or know of him? Its driving me crazy.

RBloodworth
    Participant

I’m not positive, but my guess is that it was this shop[/url].

It sounds like the guy who runs this place has been around forever; surprised that I’ve never heard of him until now.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Village Squire barber shop on Grandview Ave. Look for the barber pole. Ask for Brenda, saw her give a straight razor shave about a month ago to a guy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: