Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Steam Video Game Sales

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Steam Video Game Sales

This topic contains 76 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  OneBagTravel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

gramarye said:
    How often do they have these sales, anyway? Once a season? Once or twice a year?

They do small sales, but really deep discounts, all year long. Usually a handful of games, but 60-70% off every week. The summer sale is the huge one though.

gramarye
    Participant

Yeah, I know they have a daily/weekly special (I picked up XCom on one of those). I just wasn’t sure if there would be a “fall sale” and “winter sale” to go with the summer sale. C’est la Vie.

P.S. I’m Gramarye on Steam if anyone wants to friend me there. :-)

[Edited to correct to actual name!]

NerosNeptune
    Participant

still debating civ 5.. i just don’t think i have the time to play it :(

ricospaz
    Participant

I picked up Tomb Raider. Beautiful, but easy game. I’m ricospaz on Steam!

gramarye
    Participant

A game doesn’t need to be ridiculously challenging in order to be fun to play. Tomb Raider was fun times (and I’d never played any of the earlier games in the series, so this origin story was a great place to start).

DavidF
    Participant

NerosNeptune said:
    still debating civ 5.. i just don’t think i have the time to play it :(

It can eat up a lot of time. I play it sporadically and have a few different games running at any one time. The nice thing is you can pick up where you left off pretty easily.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

gramarye said:
    P.S. I’m voiceinthecrowd on Steam if anyone wants to friend me there. :-)

Just searched and it only finds someone from Texas who hasn’t logged into Steam in 250 days. Hrmm…

gramarye
    Participant

[Edited previous post to correct!]

ricospaz
    Participant

gramarye said:
    A game doesn’t need to be ridiculously challenging in order to be fun to play. Tomb Raider was fun times (and I’d never played any of the earlier games in the series, so this origin story was a great place to start).

It’s fun, but it’s a button tapper. I don’t have a lot of time to play games, so I want to get the most out of it. Still, It’s purty

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

gramarye said:
    [Edited previous post to correct!]

Cool, added!

PS: HERO ACADEMY!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Seriously, Hero Academy rules. Asynchronous play (across PC/Mac & iOS)… someone else needs to challenge me & Walker.

gramarye
    Participant

Seriously? It’s got a metacritic score of only 75.

And I kind of swore off the Steam Sale after my binge last week. Maybe next time it’s on a daily special.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Walker can attest.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

gramarye said:
    Seriously? It’s got a metacritic score of only 75.

25% of reviewers are idiots who don’t like turn-based strategy. ;)

PS: It’s only got 5 critic reviews on Metacritic. That’s a pretty small pool of people to pull an average score out of… http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/hero-academy/critic-reviews

NerosNeptune
    Participant

bah.. i was going to go ahead and get Civ 5, added it in my cart with about a minute to go, but by the time i got logged in and ready to buy the price changed in my cart :(

oh well

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.