Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

State Line signature Ohio pocket T-shirts.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping State Line signature Ohio pocket T-shirts.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

After our official Columbus launch at the Fireproof lot Spring Flea event, we’ve opened our webstore. We received a great deal of local support at the event that we hope to carry through to the Internet and to the remaining Ohio summer event schedule. Check us out online for our blog, webstore, and more.

diD62.jpg

jEJcs.jpg

State Line’s launch product is our signature Ohio pocket T-shirt, available in men’s and women’s sizes XS through XL in classic, bold, and collegiate colorways. Our initial product range was self-financed and produced by local Columbus artisan sewers in a limited edition of 500 shirts, comprising the ‘State Line Handmade’ project. Through sales of these shirts, we will be financing an expanded range that will include tank tops, V-necks, sweatshirts, and more. We’re very excited to bring our latest designs to you and hope to meet some fellow entrepreneurial Ohioans here at CU.

GpKwB.jpg

A quick giveaway that I’d imagine someone here is likely to snag — one free State Line shirt to the first person who can tell us the name of Lazarus’ finer women’s hat section at our Facebook.

http://su.pr/1VgDZM

No winner on that last question (though we had some good guesses and interesting research posted at our Facebook), so we wanted to give you another crack at it. Surely someone at Columbus, uh, Underground should know this one.

The answer to the previous question is ‘The French Room,’ as seen in this lovely hat:

New question to you, Underground dwellers: where is this guy hanging out? (image via infiltration.org)

Answer at our Facebook to win!

patient_zero
    Participant

StateLineOhio wrote >>

New question to you, Underground dwellers: where is this guy hanging out? (image via infiltration.org)

I don’t have a Facebook account, but it looks like the City Center/Commons parking garage.

Coreroc

I am sadly over people who use the shape of Ohio as art, design, or clothing accents. It is super overdone and never anything but boring on every take.

Cookie

patient_zero wrote >>

StateLineOhio wrote >>

I don’t have a Facebook account, but it looks like the City Center/Commons parking garage.

I’m not either, but he’s in the tunnels under OSU.

Coreroc

I am sadly over people who use the shape of Ohio as art, design, or clothing accents. It is super overdone and never anything but boring on every take.

patient_zero
    Participant

Coreroc wrote >>

I like the black on black shirt because it’s more subdued, and I would wear this under my uniform. At the same time, wouldn’t stand out too much when I took my coat off.

I’ve seen the State of Ohio imprinted on a few things lately -like CBC bottle caps and the Thai Grille menu, and I like its incorporation, as it adds a sense of place.

@Cookie – You never cease to amaze me! Thanks.

Coreroc wrote >>

“never” and “every” altogether negate any notions of you being “over” anything, much less “sadly” — Ohio’s shape is an immediate and worthy cultural icon that, as patient_zero noted, provides a welcome sense of place. It’s like being angry at stars or hearts or peace signs or the shape of Italy, it’s absurd. While doubtlessly there are a lot of uninspired designs intended to cash in on people’s hometown pride (and a few totally brilliant ones), we’ve managed to produce a take on the idea that avoids the obviousness of screenprinting and affords our customers the ability to be as over-the-top-Go-Bucks or as subtle as they want with our concept. All this while producing shirts that were conceptualized, designed, and made in Ohio by Ohioans. We hope to be able to bridge a lot of gaps with our products — from people who might not typically be interested in an Ohio-themed product to the fanatically devoted. We’re even here for disingenuous drive-by critic Ohioans should you find yourself wanting a pocket to put your opinions in.

_________

Otherwise, we really appreciate the response we’ve received from CU and the participation at our Facebook. Extra points to Cookie for a correct answer and for locating that website — I was totally fascinated by that website and by Forgotten Ohio in early high school. Congratulations to Josh Lapp, who I believe emerged from the Underground to name the raccoon’s location.

We’ll try to have another esoteric-but-not-French Room-esoteric Ohio question for you soon. In the meantime we’ll be passing a couple of shirts on to local trivia impresario Team Tim to be disseminated as he sees fit, and we’ll be at the Yellow Springs Street Fair and Columbus Pride these next couple of weekends. Thanks again.

Cookie

Coreroc wrote >>

Maybe they should have put a bird on it.

groundrules
    Participant

raccoons are pretty cute.

Coreroc

Cookie wrote >>

Coreroc wrote >>

Maybe they should have put a bird on it.

I’m pretty sure Cookie wants to have my baby. That bitch can’t leave me alone on CU! hugs and kisses babe, but no thanks!

A few updates:

We’re giving away a couple of T-shirts over at Buckeye blog Eleven Warriors in their Friday caption contest:

We’ve also provided Short North retailers Milk Bar with a limited supply of our shirts. Those of you who haven’t had an opportunity to check our shirts out in person should stop in.

We have nearly sold out of our women’s shirts and are in the process of making some new ones, including V-necks and a number of new colors. New men’s shirts are also in the works, as are a couple of other surprises. We will also have a very limited run of 2XL shirts by popular demand.

These past couple weeks have been busy. We were featured in ThisWeek, sold at Columbus Pride, and worked on developing some of our new concepts. We had a great time getting the chance to meet some of you at Pride, and had a number of people approach us who had seen us on CU, so we’d like to thank Walker and the community here for their support and for putting together such a cohesive resource for 614 locals and visitors alike. We’ll be at the next Summer Flea event in the Short North. Let us know if there is a festival or an event that you think would ideally suit us in the meantime.

After selling out of our initial run of women’s T-shirts, we’ve just released our newest women’s offerings in vivid summer colors and new V-neck styles at our webstore. Quantities are very limited.

By popular demand, we’ve also committed our Josef Albers/Raymond Pettibon-inspired logo to cloth in quality custom silver ink over ultra-soft heathered charcoal, indigo, midnight blue, scarlet, and solid black.

We’ve been continually restocking our supplies at Milk Bar, introduced some stock to Paradise Garage, and we’re entertaining some other stockists at the moment.

2XL shirts are available in scarlet/grey colorways, although they are not currently online. They look about like what you’d think they would, so shoot us a message here or at our Facebook in the meantime if you’d like to get your hands on one.

Be on the lookout for us at the upcoming Summer Flea on August 7th.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE