Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Starting a new life in CBUS: gyms, neighborhoods, etc.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Starting a new life in CBUS: gyms, neighborhoods, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Tori Anne
    Participant

I live on the edge of OTE. There is most of the stuff you mentioned in OTE and Franklin Park (yoga, coffee, parks) and I am also very close, like long walk close, to more options in Bexley and Downtown.

We vet our dog in German Village and it is pretty convenient to get there from here by car.

You’ll want to hang out here first. Some people are uncomfortable with Near East but I think I would be uncomfortable in Grandview and they are very different neighborhoods. You’ll figure out it out after a couple afternoons in both areas.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If you’re still interested in OTE, I’d recommend staying as close to Oak St & Parsons as you can.

There are parts of Oak Street that are still somewhat sketchy, though it’s changing rapidly.

Bryden is mostly a great street. Broad is fine too.

There’s lots of great homes around Franklin Park as well, which is very far from Parsons.

Frankly, the area is so big that it has more room for discrepancies between what is nice and what it not. It’s probably the only neighborhood that still has the biggest extremes of finding half-million-dollar mansions within close proximity of run-down abandoned homes on the auction block for under $20k.

From an amenities standpoint though, I don’t see OTE coming anything close to 5xNW/Grandview anytime soon. OTE just doesn’t have the commercial structures or commercial corridors that those other areas do. A fully revitalized OTE in the future will have more in common with German Village, which is largely residential with small bits of retail/restaurant sprinkled throughout the neighborhood rather than concentrated on one main spine.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: