Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Starliner Diner chef Left?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Starliner Diner chef Left?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Tidy setting shows off Mexican fusion menu
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:19 AM
    BY BY JON CHRISTENSEN
    FOR THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Billed as a fusion restaurant, Louie’s Grill in Hilliard offers mostly Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes, with a smattering of Cajun, Cuban and Southwestern influences.

It was recently founded by veterans of the well-known Starliner Diner, which is still going strong farther west on Cemetery Road.

From here: http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/weekender/stories/2009/05/28/9A_JON28X.ART_ART_05-28-09_T7_2RDUUL5.html?sid=101

hungrywoolf
    Participant

They must have really stepped it up — and changed the artwork since I went.

This is what surprised me the most:
    “Louie’s large, plain and clean space is decorated with artifacts and artwork in line with the south-of-the-border fusion claims”

Surprised they got 3.5 stars — although maybe not — I think every review I have read of his is 3.5 stars.

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

Just had their breakfast. It was good, really good. It was as good as the breakfasts I have had at Starliner and we were one of 3 tables instead of waiting 20 minutes to be seated. I had jalepeno cornbread topped with scrambled eggs& covered in sausage gravy with home fries on the side. D had the Fusion Scrambled Eggs- vegetarian& it came with black beans& tortilla chips. We will be back. Also the servers were incredibly friendly& told us that breakfast is served all day on Sunday, until 3 on Saturday& 11 during the week but if we ask, they will make it anytime! Bonus :D!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: