Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Starcraft II

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games Starcraft II

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hael

there is rumor about the next Blizzard MMO since it seems WoW has plateaued. WoS.

Daz
    Participant

Hael wrote >>
    there is rumor about the next Blizzard MMO since it seems WoW has plateaued. WoS.

Not allowed.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve never really gotten into any MMORPGs. I don’t even think Star Craft would get me on board…

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

that rumor has been out since WOW was released. I hardly think they would risk pulling players away from the biggest MMO out there, to try another one of their products. The drop off in wow players is not nearly big enough to put more resources into another giant. Many MMOs have come and gone while WOW is still king. I personally never liked WOW and am a eq2 player. But I respect what WOW is.

now RTS starcraft 2…. I’ve been waiting for so long…

ZHC

Well as far as releases dates go it will probably be staggered with the first shipping possibly for xmas 09 (unless it gets pushed back again which it probbaly will since it’s blizzard. all they they say on the starcraft battle.net forums is they are shooting for a beta release in 2009)

My understanding is there will be three[/i][/u]Starcraft II games. Each one probably costing 50~60 bucks and each one containing a single races’ solo campaign (terran, Protoss , Zerg).With Terran being released first(I think?). Unsure about multiplayer but I think one game might be all you need to access all races/units for that
    IGN.com Starcraft II

Still rumors at this point so hard to say.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump!

Just got a July 27 release date! Who’s planning on picking it up?

Nate

<— Going to purchase.

Tempted to pre-order to try out the beta, but searching for free time to do so.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

love that this thread is 2 years old.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Heh. Yeah, in a world where sequels are planned before the first iteration ever hits the shelves, it does sound pretty weird that it took Blizzard 12 years to release an update to such a popular game. :P

Tenzo
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Bump!
    Just got a July 27 release date! Who’s planning on picking it up?

Checking on bitJunkie now

bjones7
    Participant

Starcraft is such an amazing game! I’m excited for Starcraft 2! Yet is it really going to come out in July!?!?. I don’t believe it and what took them soooooooooooooo long? I remember getting excited for this game 2 years ago, then a year ago, then 6 months ago, I mean come on! It’s never going to come out!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bjones7 wrote >>
    Is it really going to come out in July!?!?

I don’t believe they’ve ever set an official date until now. So I don’t see why not.

swan
    Participant

holy cow. i’m going to deliberately not buy this game until winter.

Nate

I pre-ordered for access to the beta testing. Downloading now.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

tuesday

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: