Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Theory time.

That has to be Luke with the metal hand on R-2. They were always kind of buddies anyway. In trailer 2, that is Luke speaking. As he says “I have it” (speaking of the force), the scene shows him touching R-2. All of the scenes correspond with who he is saying has the force. We do see Leia in the trailer as well. She is being handed Luke’s light saber that someone found somewhere.

I’m guessing that Rey has the force through lineage and Finn has obtained it randomly. I also think Supreme leader Snook and Kylo Ren have it.

Rey is the lost daughter of Han and Leia. (She would have the force because of Leia) Why are they not giving her a last name? Every human in Star Wars has had a last name. I think this is their way of hiding one of the stories’ many secrets. Not sure about Finn though.

I think after the events of ROTJ, Luke exiled himself in shame of just killing his father. Plus, people probably found out about the ways of the force and its potential to be used as a destructive force, which led to him being shunned from society. I mean, we see Luke cloaked (like Obi-wan) next to a camp fire. He was always kind of a loner anyway.

That group shot with Kylo Ren – that’s the Knights of Ren.

Han Solo dies. That is Rey crying uncontrollably over him. I think that early on, Han finds her, teaches her the jedi mythos and just before Han dies, she had found out she was his daughter. She probably grew more and more attached to him – like a mentor – increasingly throughout the movie to the point where she cared for him.

Luke will find Finn and teach him the ways of the force. I bet he saves Finn from that one on one with Kylo Ren. He is totally out of him element.

Finn and Poe know each other. We see Poe being torchered by Kylo Ren. I think Finn was in the room with them watching as a Stormtrooper and that probably changed his view on things. He hotwires a TIE fighter, blows shit to hell, gets shot down in his escape and finds his way to Rey. When Poe pats Finn on the back you can tell Finn knows him by the way he is looking at him. It’s like he was remembering a horrible incident.

Kylo Ren’s mission. Snook has taught him the ways of the dark side. He has become obsessed with his new idol, Vader, and now plans on carrying out his plan to eradicate the Jedi and have the Sith rule the galaxy. I think he is a little ignorant about it and is a pawn for Snook. I also think he will come to realize it by the end.

The temple is some sort of sanctuary for those who believe in the force and this is probably the same temple we see decimated in the battle scene.

The final act. This takes place on/at the Starkiller base. This is where Han dies. You can see the snow falling in the background. Heck of an ending if you ask me.

Those are some of my very brief theories. I love how the trailers have given us so much but at the same time so little as to leave us still wondering what the heck is happening. Where is Luke? Where is Snook? Where is the Starkiller base from the poster? How about C-3PO for crying out loud. These were left out for a reason and I’m sure they will pay off in a big way. Hollywood. This is how you do trailers. Do not give us the whole plot in two minute intervals. The secrecy around these omitted elements just excites me even more to see this movie….as if I wasn’t excited enough.

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Anyone know of any theaters in the area that might still have Tix for opening day?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Robertsd937
    Participant

Star Wars is the greatest merchandise vehicle ever. The Mouse Mafia plans a major haul for the Christmas season. This movie is going to suck rocks hard, everyone knows it, yet everyone is still going to see it. Why? Because we are dumb herd animals and everyone’s 60 inch LED 3D HD TV told them to go see it.

But are there still opening day tickets available? My kids want to see it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

RBloodworth
    Participant

All I can say is that, if The Force Awakens can be even close to as good as Creed was at capturing everything we loved about the classic movies and updating them for a new generation, I’ll be a very happy man. If you ever loved anything about the Rocky movies (and I fully realize that they can be extremely cheesy- it’s part of the reason I like them), I can’t recommend Creed enough. It’s not only a great Rocky movie; it’s a great movie, period.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

It’s not only a great Rocky movie; it’s a great movie, period.

wow.. didn’t see that coming. Might have to check it out.

back to Star Wars… that bad guy has to be Luke right?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Studio 35 has tix, at least for some earlier shows on Friday.

RBloodworth
    Participant

I’ll try to avoid saying too much here, but it’s good, even damn good at times. That being said, it’s not quite on the same level as Mad Max: Fury Road or Creed, and I will agree with some critics who said that Abrams & Co. played things too safe and could have taken more risks with the story. It’s well-worth seeing, though, particularly for anyone who ever loved the original trilogy.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Seeing very mixed reviews varying from “Absolutely love it!” to “Abrams is a traitor!”. They seem to be leaning toward “It’s pretty good, not awesome, but generally a satisfying new chapter for the fans.”

Pablo
    Participant

Saw it last night – it was awesome!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anne and I went to a 10am show today at the Lennox. SUPER busy over there.

Without giving anything away, it was a great movie all around. Everything was familiar but also new. The old actors fit back into their roles and the story well, and the newcomers were all solid.

Could have used a little more Gwendoline Christie, though. ;)

welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

Let’s face it, JJ Abrams and his team had an impossible task. Everyone feels ownership over Star Wars- managing those expectations is not something I’d want to tackle.

Somehow, they pulled it off. They done good.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Let’s face it, JJ Abrams and his team had an impossible task.

If Episodes I to III never existed, I’d agree with you on the high expectations.

I think George lowered the bar A LOT with his prequels.

Either way, the end result was a solid film. Let’s hope the other 2 directors can carry the torch with 8 and 9.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 184 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: