Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

That opening shot with the wrecked Star Destroyer(!!!)

During the Star Wars fan event today, they brought BB8 (the ball droid) on stage. It’s a PRACTICAL. EFFECT. They really built that thing- and it works! According to JJ Abrams, “it would be better for the actors to have something to interact with” rather than using CG.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Mister Shifter
    Participant

and for 2 minutes, he was a kid again.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That is the greatest thing ever. I love how fired up the people my age’ish are over this, I feel like Abrams has really brought back what was special about Star Wars.

ETA: I’m also now watching reaction videos on a rampage on Youtube :D

OneBagTravel
    Participant

During the Star Wars fan event today, they brought BB8 (the ball droid) on stage. It’s a PRACTICAL. EFFECT. They really built that thing- and it works! According to JJ Abrams, “it would be better for the actors to have something to interact with” rather than using CG.

das it mane.

this is detail is what’s getting me hyped about the movie. not just because it’s star wars but it’s star wars done right, in the right mindset.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>welkstar wrote:</div>

das it mane.

this is detail is what’s getting me hyped about the movie. not just because it’s star wars but it’s star wars done right, in the right mindset.

I was surprised that it’s a practical effect. Wondered how they did that; someone else pointed out this:

http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/413:_New_Pet

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

scarletandgrey
    Participant

This is the first time I’ve been geeked-up over a movie in a long time (and I’m over 40).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Not gonna lie, I teared up a little. That score is amazing.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Not gonna lie, I teared up a little. That score is amazing.

Goosebumps from head to toe, watched it 5 times already this morning.

bayrea
    Participant

I’m calling it now.. Luke is on the Dark Side. This is the only explanation of his lack of presence in the trailers. And that seen of Rey crying toward the end is because Han and Chewy get killed by Luke! (just my conspiracy theory, no fact behind this at all)

Not that Tom
    Not that Tom
    Participant

^^^

skywalker

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m calling it now.. Luke is on the Dark Side. This is the only explanation of his lack of presence

I would guess that’s suppose to be him putting his metal hand on R2…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’m calling it now.. Luke is on the Dark Side. This is the only explanation of his lack of presence in the trailers. And that seen of Rey crying toward the end is because Han and Chewy get killed by Luke! (just my conspiracy theory, no fact behind this at all)

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/21/mark-hamill-made-the-case-for-evil-luke-skywalker-to-j-j-abrams-/

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO