Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

This topic contains 183 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

That’s right. George Lucas sold his 100% interest in Lucasfilm LTD to Disney for about $4 billion. Disney plans on releasing the next Star Wars film in 2015 with additional films to follow. Lucas will be a consultant but will not be writing or directing the films.

A New Star Wars Is Coming In 2015

Jman4ever
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    That’s right. George Lucas sold his 100% interest in Lucasfilm LTD to Disney for about $4 billion. Disney plans on releasing the next Star Wars film in 2015 with additional films to follow. Lucas will be a consultant but will not be writing or directing the films.

A New Star Wars Is Coming In 2015

4 billion seems a bargain. I mean Star Wars has generated what 30 billion in revenues. Maybe they got a deal if Jar Jar was thrown in.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hugh59 said:
    Lucas will be a consultant but will not be writing or directing the films.

That’s probably for the best. There’s no way they could be worse than Phantom Menace.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I had to post this. I just had to.

Mae Greentree
    Mae Greentree
    Participant

Perhaps this will be the future of Star Wars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjxfmmTt2I
    Yes, this was a Walt Disney World.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I’ll take your Star Wars Dance Off and raise you a SITH APPRENTICE!

Mae Greentree
    Mae Greentree
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    I’ll take your Star Wars Dance Off and raise you a SITH APPRENTICE!

Whatever. Not Disney.
    I’m thinking Star Wars 7 will be like “High School Musical” or “Hannah Montana” set in outer space.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mae said:
    Whatever. Not Disney.
    I’m thinking Star Wars 7 will be like “High School Musical” or “Hannah Montana” set in outer space.

So, what? More jarjar?

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

I’ve received more texts about this today than anything that doesn’t directly affect my life. Guess my friends know me pretty well.

After giving all this some thought today, I’ve settled upon two things as my “take-away” from all of this:

1. Disney will release the non-special editions of the good three FAAAAAAR sooner than ol’ Georgie ever would have.

2. Everyone in nerd-dom lost their shit when Disney bought marvel comics. But the first major thing they did as Disney/Marvel was the avengers. The last thing Lucas did with the star wars franchise was the prequels. Between the two (and I’m more surprised than anyone that I’m saying this) but I have far more faith in what Disney might do with it than Lucas. At least based on their recent histories.

And really, after the prequels the franchise was dead to me anyway. At least film wise. So if Disney makes totally shit sequels, I wasn’t going to care anymore anyway. No loss. But if they pull some avengers level awesomeness out of the galaxy far, far away then I get the best unexpected surprise since Darth Vader’s paternity test results back in ’81.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Walker said:
    There’s no way they could be worse than Phantom Menace.

Yeah, they could. And have. It was called attack of the clones.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Darth Mouse. Only you could be so bold. The MPAA will not sit still for this. When they find out that you attacked a demographic mission….

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

What happened last time George Lucas relinquished creative control on a Star Wars project:

Jman4ever
    Participant

Maybe they will extend the crossover attempt from 1980….

Assuming Disney does a good job with it. (and that’s a big hope IMO)

When Episode 7 is released my son will be almost 6. I will get the chance to introduce him to the Star Wars universe in the theaters first run.

I am looking forward to that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jarsloth said:
    What happened last time George Lucas relinquished creative control on a Star Wars project:

What happened list time George Lucas was completely in charge:

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

The way I see it Disney can’t rape the legacy of the first movies any harder than Lucas has already done. I also agree that Disney has done right by Marvel to this point. I’ll hold my judgement until episode 7 rumors start swirling around and the movie comes out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: