Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Spring Detox From Dr. John Douillard

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Spring Detox From Dr. John Douillard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

th0m
    Participant

err… but you’re right there’s a lot of BS out there, too… and what about an einstein-bose condensate doesn’t sound like BS either? ;p

joev
    Participant

Angel wrote i know. its common sense but this guy is selling lots of products and crap and exploiting it. that’s what i meant.

and i wasn’t saying its a fad, i was just saying in general that’s what happens. people buy into all this diet stuff.

am i making sense? it doesn’t feel like it.

No, I totally get it. Somebody has brainwashed a large portion of the hippy population into thinking putting “natural” chemicals are great for you while putting “synthetic” chemicals is gravely harmful. Hey: It doesn’t matter if your diuretic or purgative was made of Himalayan lotus blossoms hand harvested by Buddhist yaks or in a factory in Passaic, New Jersey. The active ingredient is still a chemical.

Cookie

We store fat soluble heavy metals, environmental chemicals, pollutants and even molecules of emotion in our fat cells.

Uh … no.

th0m
    Participant

even molecules of emotion in our fat cells.

i think that something like that is beautifully wonderful to imagine, as well as what else could be possible, but to claim that as being anything more than a fairy tale boggles my mind… won’t you people please think of the unicorns!

Cookie

th0m wrote … won’t you people please think of the unicorns!

Think of them? I’m storing molecules of them in my fat cells!

Angel

joev wrote

Angel wrote i know. its common sense but this guy is selling lots of products and crap and exploiting it. that’s what i meant.

and i wasn’t saying its a fad, i was just saying in general that’s what happens. people buy into all this diet stuff.

am i making sense? it doesn’t feel like it.

No, I totally get it. Somebody has brainwashed a large portion of the hippy population into thinking putting “natural” chemicals are great for you while putting “synthetic” chemicals is gravely harmful. Hey: It doesn’t matter if your diuretic or purgative was made of Himalayan lotus blossoms hand harvested by Buddhist yaks or in a factory in Passaic, New Jersey. The active ingredient is still a chemical.

thanks that’s what i meant :)

emotion molecules? :lol: i missed that.

i understand the “detox” concept and that’s great but you don’t need to buy into all this shit to do it.

joev
    Participant

th0m wrote

even molecules of emotion in our fat cells.

i think that something like that is beautifully wonderful to imagine, as well as what else could be possible, but to claim that as being anything more than a fairy tale boggles my mind… won’t you people please think of the unicorns!

I just had my fat cells dephlogisticated during my last stay on the ashram. It didn’t take.

joev
    Participant

Opps- Double post.

AmyD
    Participant

the whole detox thing is weird to me. especially when they use the word, “flush” like my body is a toilet.

enzo
    Participant

Angel wrote no offense, and i’m not talking about you because i don’t know you but how can people buy into this crap? i mean its common sense.

i hate diet products, etc. my mom is all into the newest fad and it always drove me crazy.

This has an historical reference base of over 5000 years. These are not remedies some dude pulled out of his ass.

http://loaj.com/articles/basic_ayurveda.html

I think alternative medicine is an awesome preventative measure……not the end all be all, but awesome prevention to take better care of ourselves so we do not have to line the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies just because they are turning everyone into a hypochondriac each time they show a commercial or magazine ad.

joev
    Participant

enzo wrote

Angel wrote no offense, and i’m not talking about you because i don’t know you but how can people buy into this crap? i mean its common sense.

i hate diet products, etc. my mom is all into the newest fad and it always drove me crazy.

This has an historical reference base of over 5000 years. These are not remedies some dude pulled out of his ass.

But they are remedies to pull something out of some dude’s ass.

enzo
    Participant

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, indeed….if your not regular it messes EVERYTHING UP….just think about how bad you feel if you have ever been constipated

….life sucks….you can’t think clearly, you look bloated, you cannot move as quickly and freely, clothes do not fit right, the deeper issues of not going regularly are a variety of diseases and uncomfortable conditions.

Angel

so you need all these herbs and stuff to help you stay regular?

i dont’ have time to read the whole website but it seems like he listed every ailment and has a remedy for it.

CaD

ugh another ‘herbologist’ kinda guy?

cant people just exercise and eat right w/o buying into someones crap?

th0m
    Participant

heh. ya know lately my jury’s out on diet and exercise, too ;p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.