Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Spring Detox From Dr. John Douillard

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Spring Detox From Dr. John Douillard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

enzo
    Participant

Dr. John Douillard is the author of over 14 books and tapes on health and fitness. He practices Ayurveda and Chiropractic at his Center in Boulder, Colorado. For more information about his programs go to http://www.LifeSpa.com or email him at [email protected].

Spring has two goals for us humans.

First, to detoxify the body and second, to reset the body’s ability to burn stored fat.

Why burn fat? Fat is our detox fuel. We store fat soluble heavy metals, environmental chemicals, pollutants and even molecules of emotion in our fat cells. So fat burning does not only mean weight loss, it means unravelling old emotional patterns. It means detoxing cancer- causing chemicals stored in your fat cells and, most of all, your fat is your calm and stable fuel. So once you reset your ability to burn fat every spring you are resetting your ability to handle stress. There is no better way to deal with your anxiety, depression and exhaustion then letting nature reset fat metabolism.

Nature’s Way

In early spring the deer first chew on bitter roots to clean excess mucus off the intestinal mucosa. Then once the mucus from winter and holiday foods are cleared with your daily dose of dandelion root or leaf tea, it is time to fertilize the intestines with brand new flora. This is done with the leafy greens and sprouts that lace the countryside during the months of spring. Once the flora is properly germinating in your gut then it is time to flush the lymph system that drains your intestines. This is done naturally in nature in perfect sequence. Some of the last foods harvested in spring are the berries and cherries. These are nature’s lymphatic movers.

It is a one, two three punch every spring.

Clean out the old mucus with bitter roots.

Fertilize good bacteria with leafy greens and sprouts.

Destagnate the lymph that drains this brand new intestinal mucosa with berries and cherries.

One of the main functions of our intestines is to funnel waste out of the body via the GALT – Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissue. So the last step, which may be the most important for maintaining optimal health, is a healthy lymphatic system.

If your lymph is stagnant which starts in your gut here are some of the conditions you may be experiencing:

Allergies, rashes, itching skin, swollen hands or feet or holding onto to more water, Breast swelling and tenderness around the cycle, headaches, joint pain that moves around the body, swelling around the abdomen, cellulite, breast lumps, fibroid tumors, ovarian cysts, sore feet in the morning, sore throats, chronic colds, weak immunity, constipation, fatigue and lack of mental clarity. If you have any of these you may be experiencing a lymphatic problem. In addition to maxing out on (eating more spring harvested foods) natures lymph moving bounty, here are some herbal ideas to help your seasonal cause.

Sometimes we don’t eat our fair share of roots, sprouts and berries each spring. So I always supplement myself with seasonal herbs each spring to make up for the fact that I never get enough fresh, locally harvested spring food.

Herbs For Step One – to supplement for the bitter roots:

Turmeric Plus – 2 2x/day after food

Liver Repair – 1 2x/day after food

Herbs For Step Two – to supplement for the Leafy Greens and Sprouts:

Amalaki – 2 2x/day after food

Chlorophyll – 1tbs 2x/day for 6 weeks with water

Fresh squeezed apple, carrot and celery juice – not an herb but as powerful!

Herbs For Step Three – To supplement for the berries and move lymph:

Manjistha – 2 2x/day after food

Red root – 30 drops in water 2x/day

Sip hot water every 10-20 minutes for 1-2 weeks to cleanse the lymph

Angel

please tell me you don’t buy all of his products

enzo
    Participant

Noooooooo…..I buy my herbs in bulk from Banyan or India Grocer on Sawmill.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

so you’re saying that we should take our health cues from deer…

as in the animals who get hypnotized by car headlights…

enzo
    Participant

Core I love your Avatar…that is super sexy.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

enzo wrote Core I love your Avatar…that is super sexy.

…you do know it’s not a guru…

it’s Osama Bin Laden…

enzo
    Participant

:roll: ——– duh

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’m really trying to detox my system lately. Drinking much more water and also drinking a lot of green drinks that are full of wheatgrass, spirulina, blue green algae, spinach, etc. The Bolthouse Farms “Green Goodness” is a favorite of mine.

I’ve dropped roughly 10 lbs over the past month or so which has been great. I’m already feeling better in many ways.

:D

enzo
    Participant

If you tune into the seasons and eat what is in season that totally helps your body balance. THink about it, who wants to eat heavy stew or cream soups in summer????? You crave more fruits, vegetables (salads, drinks, cold soups, etc)

Tune into nature and you can’t go wrong.

gramarye
    Participant

I read this as “Spring Botox” on my first skim of the new-posts page. :lol:

Angel

no offense, and i’m not talking about you because i don’t know you but how can people buy into this crap? i mean its common sense.

i hate diet products, etc. my mom is all into the newest fad and it always drove me crazy.

The Hegemo

gramarye wrote I read this as “Spring Botox” on my first skim of the new-posts page. :lol:

When the first billboards advertising Botox went up around Cincinnati, my father thought they were for liposuction and had just misspelled “buttocks” :lol:

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Angel wrote no offense, and i’m not talking about you because i don’t know you but how can people buy into this crap? i mean its common sense.

i hate diet products, etc. my mom is all into the newest fad and it always drove me crazy.

Detoxing isn’t a fad, it’s something that’s been done for thousands and thousands of years. We’re not talking about diet products here.

Angel

i know. its common sense but this guy is selling lots of products and crap and exploiting it. that’s what i meant.

and i wasn’t saying its a fad, i was just saying in general that’s what happens. people buy into all this diet stuff.

am i making sense? it doesn’t feel like it.

th0m
    Participant

there are some aspects of quantum physics that explain how green tea removes all kinds of things from you that ought not be there… sort of how charcoal filters work, too…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.