Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

SPOTTED! Summer Festival Dancing Dude...

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion SPOTTED! Summer Festival Dancing Dude…

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

L-Rag

@goldenidea + ChrisSunami + MikeO, indeed, I may live another day knowing he isn’t going anywhere. I don’t even want to THINK about a Columbus without Babachu’s dance antics all up in it!

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

L-Rag said:

@goldenidea
    + ChrisSunami + MikeO, indeed, I may live another day knowing he isn’t going anywhere. I don’t even want to THINK about a Columbus without Babachu’s dance antics all up in it!

I’m sad to report the rumors are apparently true. The last time I saw Babachu was about a month ago, and he confirmed that he was moving to Arizona effective immediately –haven’t seen him since.

joev
    Participant

Damn, who moves to Arizona?

ricospaz
    Participant

Oldsters. dancing ones too apparently

HighLife
    Participant

I think I just saw this guy at the Hot Times Festival. He was rocking a Groveport Dairy Queen t-shirt and is quite selective about which jams he’ll dance to.

goldenidea
    Participant

I don’t even want to THINK about a Columbus without Babachu’s dance antics all up in it!

I think I just saw this guy at the Hot Times Festival.

Good to hear of this siting. IMHO, over the years and many events, Babachu’s moves have inspired many a wannabe Columbus dancer to bust a move. Our festivals can’t groove quite the same without him.

Coy
    Participant

Babachu and Hot Times… Like leprechauns and rainbows…
    (apologies for the lousy camera phone pic. But, kind of appropriate in a bigfoot spotting kind of way…)

asil
    Participant

Today. Bicentennial Park. Mojoflo video shoot.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I ended up running into Babachu at Hot Times too. He once again told me he was leaving for Arizona right away, but since that’s what he told me a month ago, I’m no longer quite so convinced. He did mention he was having trouble getting the money together.

BTW did you know he’s in his 70’s? Guess dancing really does keep you young(ish).

groundrules
    Participant

HighLife said:
    He was rocking a… t-shirt

nope. must be different dude.

asil
    Participant

Cameo.

L-Rag

@asil you are my favorite. (This clip makes my procrastination on a round-up worth it.) The perfect (nicely produced) Babachu clip to wrap the year up with.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just met Babachu at the Food Truck Fest! Really nice guy. Said he just turned 75! I guess all the dancing will keep you young!!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: