Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Splatoon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Which of my Wii U bros are gonna pick this up?

Long gameplay footage:

More in depth update about modes and weapons:

4v4 shooter with different game modes
    some modes rely on you to just paint the most surfaces
    others are king of the hill but with paint

your color makes you move faster in your alt squid mode, while the other ink slows you down

Release Date:
    29th May 2015

It’s no big CoD shooter but if it’s as easy and fun to jump into online as Mario Kart 8, it should be a major hit.

Recently made the cover of Edge magazine

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

After showing my 7yo to the the joys of the FPS gameplay style with Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball, I think Splatoon might be right up his alley. ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Walker, did you see dis? And dis?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker, did you see dis? And dis?

Ha! Pretty cute. Though we don’t really need more Nintendo toys in this household at the moment. ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

It’s out today! Debating on getting the digital downloa

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The kiddo and I played a little during the Global Testfires. Pretty fun game. He really enjoyed it since his experience with FPS games is limited to Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball. Might pick it up sooner or later. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Bought this yesterday. Needed something different. Very fun so far. I can only imagine playing with enough friends.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Maxed out at level 20 last night. I’m switching between weapon load outs. I went back to the first splattershot with the unlimited grenades special. It’s really useful when trying to cover an area, I rarely see anyone use it.

Anyway, still having a blast and I’ve logged like 30 hours so far =-o

edit: oh yeah someone on twitter make the comment that COD is a game for adults played by kids while Splatoon is made for kids but played by adults lol.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bought this yesterday. Needed something different. Very fun so far. I can only imagine playing with enough friends.

Nice! Time to organize a time to play some after the kids are in bed!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Video Games’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!