Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Spice Closed?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Spice Closed?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Neil Jaye

I have heard serveral people say Spice is closed, that it is only temporary, etc. Can anyone here confirm this information? Will it be reopened? Just trying to get some facts, if there are any.

JR

Their Website is still up and they had an event on the 8th.
    http://www.spicebar.net/

somertimeoh
    Participant

614MAG just “confirmed” it on twitter. Take that for what it’s worth.

joev
    Participant

It’s like Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson dying on the same day. Who’s the Ed McMahon? Rosendales?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

But I just bought a bulk tub of LA Looks Gel, wtf am I supposed to do now!?

somertimeoh
    Participant

joev wrote >>
    It’s like Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson dying on the same day. Who’s the Ed McMahon? Rosendales?

Better not be until Nov 25th ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    But I just bought a bulk tub of LA Looks Gel, wtf am I supposed to do now!?

I hear arlington cafe is still open…

chaptal
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

joev wrote >>

Better not be until Nov 25th ;)

9/7!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I heard they had to close due to a devastating post made by Gossip Cbus.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>

I heard they closed as a result of your topless dancing incident.

Oak
    Participant

I’m sure that Chris Corso and Mike Gallicchio will have another concept to quickly replace spice so that all of my douchebag fraternity brothers who are in thier mid-30’s now, with widening waistlines and thinning hair will have somewhere nice to go and imagine they are still 21 and desirable.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

JimL2 wrote >>

I heard they closed as a result of your topless dancing incident.

That’s only half-true. While my topless dancing did cause a crowd to rush into Spice from off the street–packing into a space that was not designated for the congregation of that many people, and thereby breaking fire code–it only resulted in a fine for the owners.

Speaking of which, the inspector “fined” me as well that night. By which I mean she saw me topless and said that I was fine. “FINEally,” she expressed in a lusty, breathy voice, “a hot guy at Spice.” Her fine black hair was pulled back tight, her hoop earrings were of fine gold, and she gently knocked her finely-carved nightstick against the palm of her left hand. I was fain to be taken into her custody (repeatedly) in the back of her Ford Interceptor.

Fine (that’s italian for “the end”)

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

So is this true? Did Spice really shut down or it just closed for a couple days?

Oak wrote >>
    I’m sure that Chris Corso and Mike Gallicchio will have another concept to quickly replace spice so that all of my douchebag fraternity brothers who are in thier mid-30’s now, with widening waistlines and thinning hair will have somewhere nice to go and imagine they are still 21 and desirable.

I don’t think C&G haven’t run Spice in quite a while, like a couple years I believe.

Oak
    Participant

You’re right – I think they did sell that off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: