Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

SOURS! (the beer kind)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat SOURS! (the beer kind)

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

actualfred
    Participant

We’re actually opening bottles today. Dockside, bottles are $9. We’re open 10a-7pm M-F. Tours are Monday nights at 7pm ($5) and tasting room is open Friday until 10pm.

Also, standing challenge to CU readers. If you beat me at N64 Mario Kart I’ll buy you a pint.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

actualfred said:
    Also, standing challenge to CU readers. If you beat me at N64 Mario Kart I’ll buy you a pint.

I still need to take you up on this.

jdubilla
    Participant

If you’re up for a drive to Philadelphia you can find some Russian River sours there. Namely, Consecration, Supplication, Sanctification, and some of the other “ations”. Go visit Monk’s Cafe while there (which is the reason you can find the RR beers outside of California on the East Coast). If you head to Party Source in Bellvue (just across the river from Cinci) you can find some fantastic sours from Anchorage Brewing Company along with some other hard-to-find beers.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Sorry of this was already posted in the main beer thread:

http://drinkupcolumbus.com/2014/10/30/sour-fest-yellow-brick/

In honor of their fifth anniversary, Yellow Brick Pizza is throwing a month-long Sour Fest featuring a pretty remarkable selection of sour beers.

Columbussr
    Blocked

I have been a huge fan of sours for quite some time. For me, the best is La Folie by New Belgium. Usually hard to come by therefore I have to order it online. I’ve used a resource called “wineandcheeseplace” out of St. Louis in the past. Not cheap but worth that cost imo. Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here, but “Oude Tart” by Breuery is decent, among others. But for me everything is a distant second to La Folie. fwiw.

edg126
    edg126
    Participant

I know The Market Italian Village had La Folie on tap this weekend. It’s also one of my favorites.

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

St James has Le Terroir from Lips of Faith on tap now. We might have a few bottles of La Follie left too but not positive about that. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/26541/

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!