Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

SOURS! (the beer kind)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat SOURS! (the beer kind)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’ve was recently introduced to Sours and am now obsessed. These two being my favorites so far.

Duchesse_de_Bourgogne_btl.jpg

advice on more to try, and where I can pick them up?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

In before osulew.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    In before osulew.

funny, but not helpful. I’m counting on you!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

O HAI GUYZ!

Dude…that Duchesse is the titty sprinkles!

also…I LOOOOOOOOVE SOURS…and any of their related pals.

I was lucky enough to run into my pal Fred from Actual at House Beer a couple weeks ago. He introduced me to that Duchesse. We also popped open some Lindemans Faro Lambic and Geuze Tilquin. That Gueze Tilquin is unreal. I also grabbed some of this earlier this year at Party Source and love it

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I also like the Blue Sunday Sour from New Holland. I’ve picked that up at Barrel & Bottle, but haven’t looked for it there recently.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Cascade brewing also makes some of the best. You can buy directly from them online now.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Sorry for posting 70 bazillion times, but you should be able to find this around too. It’s the love child of a sour and an IPA.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Rodenbach Grand Cru is always a solid choice too…and easy to find at nearly any decent beer joint. I grab bottles in my ‘hood at Corner Stone in OTE.

OK I SWEAR I’LL STOP BARFING ALL OVER THIS THREAD NOW.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Was I right?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

So we’re all going to go drink some beers when??? ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

danke!

and yes, the Duchesse is amazingly good.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

The Duchesse is great. I usually don’t drink beer that sweet, but it’s so balanced…loved it. The geuze in that pic and the gueuze tilquin are much more intensely sour.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Anonymous
    Inactive

osulew said:

I was lucky enough to run into my pal Fred from Actual at House Beer a couple weeks ago. He introduced me to that Duchesse.

Based on the complexity of Actual’s French barrel aged Fat Julian, it wouldn’t surprise me if Fred were to produce some beers in this vein.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

Not that you can get some in Columbus, but Crooked Stave Brewery makes excellent sours. If you are “obsessed” I’m sure you can hook up trades online at a site like beeradvocate.com or many others like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!