Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sonic.. open late.. but apparently not at Polaris and Campus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Sonic.. open late.. but apparently not at Polaris and Campus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

SamuraiJack
    Participant

we got back from vacation late on Friday night and on the way back in to town decided we’d get our Cherry Limeade on and a breakfast burrito.. it was only 12:30am so we didn’t think anything of it.. but the sonic at Polaris was dark and when we got down to the one on Olentangy it was also turning out the lights..

I know we didn’t want to drive past the house to get to Grove City (which used to be 24 hours) so we ended up with White Castle (very poor substitute).

Anyone have any idea what hours those two are actually supposed to be open? 12:30 on a friday night seems kind of early when McD’s across the street from both are open 24 hours…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I was going to direct you to their store locator for hours listings, but they don’t appear to list them. Or at least not anywhere I can find that info. Hrm.

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator/

somertimeoh
    Participant

In TX, midnight was the “open late” in the summer closing time. I think it was 10pm outside of that, unless you were a 24 hour store year round. Whitehall was 24 hours when it first opened. Not sure if it still is since we’ve got ones now that are easier and faster to get to.

Dammit now I want Sonic :(

Patch
    Participant

Just called the Stringtown location, and they told me that none of the Columbus Sonic’s are open 24 hours anymore.

The one on Stringtown (Grove City), closes at midnight, as an FYI.

Coreroc

Yeah I have had the same issue and believe that midnight is last call and very sad.

SamuraiJack
    Participant

Wow.. midnight on a weekend? Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot.. great.. now I’m stuck with Toxic Smell, Sliders or McGreasy after midnight…

JerrodWagner

Canes on Olentangy is open to 3 am, it was delicious on Saturday night!

SamuraiJack
    Participant

we have a Cane’s going in by my house.. I’ve never really found them to be all that.. I know a lot of people who do.. maybe its because I dont eat much fried food any more..

Guess I just need to start making my own Cherry Limeade.. dont know what I’ll do to satisfy the late night breakfast burrito craving though..

bustowner
    Participant

Patch wrote >>
    Just called the Stringtown location, and they told me that none of the Columbus Sonic’s are open 24 hours anymore.
    The one on Stringtown (Grove City), closes at midnight, as an FYI.

Well, the same guys who franchised Sonic around here own The Alumni Grille on Lane Ave, and that place is open what, three days a week? They like to keep their own hours I guess.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Just got this notice if you want to support this cause:

Ten Central Ohio Sonic Drive-In restaurants will donate 50 cents of every “Blast” milk shake sold on August 29, 2009 to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The event is being held to honor Mryanda Kay Shorr, an employee of the Sonic located in Lancaster who passed away last summer of cystic fibrosis at the age of 17.
    Participating locations include: Circleville, Columbus (4 locations), Grove City, Heath, Lancaster, Pickertington, and White Hall.

Coreroc

good cause and worth ice cream! thanks Anne!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION