Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown Crime - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Downtown Crime – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #512954
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Snarf said:
    Just make sure I stay out of the library with a candlestick.

    Is that you Colonel Mustard?

    #512955

    Patch
    Participant

    Graybeak said:
    From Columbus Police’s web page, all homicides between March 6 and September 6
    Unfortunately, I can’t make it bigger in this window.

    So those are all of the homicides in the last 6 months, correct?

    I have a hard time believing anyone can say that Vets Memorial isn’t considered “Downtown”.

    #512956

    Mister Shifter
    Participant

    rus said:
    Why stop there?

    Let’s make murder illegal. That should stop it.

    I think we need three precogs in a chamber downtown. And police with jetpacks.

    #512957

    Everything was going fine until they moved those damn lions.

    #512958

    Graybeak
    Participant

    chiefleatherlips said:
    Everything was going fine until they moved those damn lions.

    Someone else had said it was from making Gay St go against it’s nature and go both ways.

    #512959
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Patch said:
    So those are all of the homicides in the last 6 months, correct?

    I have a hard time believing anyone can say that Vets Memorial isn’t considered “Downtown”.

    Shhhh… if we don’t talk about it, it didn’t happen.

    Right?

    #512960
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Graybeak said:
    Someone else had said it was from making Gay St go against it’s nature and go both ways.

    #512961

    JAL
    Participant

    Patch said:
    So those are all of the homicides in the last 6 months, correct?

    I have a hard time believing anyone can say that Vets Memorial isn’t considered “Downtown”.

    I think the Vet Memorial is actually considered Franklinton and isn’t within the downtown borders (which end at the river) and outside of the Capital Crossroads SID

    #512962

    bucki12
    Member

    Is the Arena District officially part of Downtown (and in the SID)?

    #512963

    MRipley
    Participant

    News said:
    Media Alert: Safety Experts On Hand at Capital Crossroads SID

    Capital Crossroads Special Improvement District provides safety escorts, as well as safety and crime prevention information. Downtown employees and residents can call the Capital Crossroads SID customer service hotline at 228-5718 to request a safety escort or report concerning or suspicious behavior.

    “Anytime there is a homicide, it is tragic,” said Lisa Defendiefer, Capital Crossroads SID Deputy Director of Operations and Advocacy. “But we want people to know that violent crime is rare downtown, and 2005 was the last time there was a homicide.”

    Of course violent crime is rare downtown, hence the need to make “safety escorts” available.

    #512964

    bucki12
    Member

    I dunno. It is a large very public place. You are going to have some creepy* people walking around. I think it is great they have some extra services.

    *drugs, alcohol, mental illness, and some plain old predators – a variety of causes.

    #512965

    JAL
    Participant

    bucki12 said:
    Is the Arena District officially part of Downtown (and in the SID)?

    Downtown is usually considered by the city as the area bordered by I-670 (North)/ I-71 (East)/ I-70/71 (South), and the river (West). The SID boundries are shown in the PDF at:
    http://downtowncolumbus.com/docs/default-document-library/ccsidmap2012-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

    #512966

    JeepGirl
    Participant

    bucki12 said:
    I dunno. It is a large very public place. You are going to have some creepy* people walking around. I think it is great they have some extra services.

    *drugs, alcohol, mental illness, and some plain old predators – a variety of causes.

    Yeah, I guess the higher potential for creepy*^ people could mean that the problems might not be as “rare” as they would like people to think.

    #512967

    lifeontwowheels
    Participant

    MRipley said:
    Of course violent crime is rare downtown, hence the need to make “safety escorts” available.

    Like these guys?

    #512968

    Graybeak
    Participant

    Unfortunately, we still see much more of this “creepy” than we would like in the downtown.
    Admittedly, there was much more when we were located at Grant and Long.
    But we still see some on 3rd and Spring as well.

    And a surprising amount of public urination.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: