Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sobriety Checkpoint

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Sobriety Checkpoint

Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    I did not mean to imply that an inexperienced drinker blowing 0.15 is not scary. Interesting point (to me at least), the legal limit in some jurisdictions was as high as 0.15. But even a hardened alcoholic is going to be dangerously impaired at 0.25.

True – Frankie Coleman for example.

GCrites80s
    Participant

jeez

billbix

Heard that the checkpoint on Sat is at 17th & High 9-3am. Extra units will be in the SN and Campus area.

mrmann

These videos always have a grain of salt as often the maker comes off as smug. What makes this one interesting is that it shows how the police can trigger an alert for a dog and that they never asked him if he had been drinking.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Yeah, this guy wasn’t smug at all IMO. He acted 100% within his rights while being polite and respectful the entire time. Probably why they both reacted as they did to the camera, they absolutely knew they were breaking the law.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Hey, I’ve got an idea that will make Millennials like driving even more! Let’s make sure that they know that we are CRACKING DOWN on it!

Schoolboy
    Participant

You will never get away with not following an order at a checkpoint and expect to keep what very little rights you still have left. This guy knew what was going to happen by not rolling down the window. Was he within his rights? Yes. Did he have any rights to begin with? Not really.

Why should the police follow any rules when the actual checkpoint itself is already, in my opinion, unconstitutional?

buckette13

I wonder how many of these videos ended up with a 6×6 cell and a memory card in a trash can?

misskitty
    Participant

The Columbus Division of Police has announced a sobriety checkpoint for Friday night.

Columbus police officers will be conducting sobriety checkpoint Friday night starting at 9 p.m. and extending to about 3 a.m. Saturday.

The checkpoint will be held on West Broad Street between Interstate 70 and Lechner Avenue.

billbix

misskitty said:

The Columbus Division of Police has announced a sobriety checkpoint for Friday night.

Columbus police officers will be conducting sobriety checkpoint Friday night starting at 9 p.m. and extending to about 3 a.m. Saturday.

The checkpoint will be held on West Broad Street between Interstate 70 and Lechner Avenue.

I think that will get a lot of people.

SpottieOttie

Thanks for the heads up, Kitty. It’s important to remember that even if you blow under 0.08 BAC you can still be arrested and charged with an OVI. If you drink ANYTHING – be smart and don’t drive.

rus
    rus
    Participant

http://www.610wtvn.com/articles/wtvn-local-news-268656/sobriety-checkpoint-planned-in-osu-campus-11615457/

The checkpoint, in front of St. John Arena at Woody Hayes Dr., will run from 9 p.m. Friday through 3 a.m. Saturday.

rus
    rus
    Participant

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/26113063/ovi-checkpoints-announced-for-franklin-fairfield-athens-counties

OVI Checkpoints Announced For Franklin, Fairfield & Athens Counties

In Franklin County, the DUI task force announced two checkpoints in Hilliard. The first will be held on Cemetery Road at Lacon Road from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. The second will be held on Hilliard-Rome Road at Richlanne Drive from 11:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.

Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: