Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

So, how cold is it???

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion So, how cold is it???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author

Lakee911
    Participant

It is so cold, that the lock on my garage froze! I had to inject anti-freeze into the keyhole to thaw it out so the key would turn. I’m sure it will be all gummed up now. :( I’ll have to keep a garage remote in the house.

What’s your “It is so cold…” story?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Hayden Falls will begin to ice up as long as the air is cold, there should be some good photo opportunities.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I had to ride my bike in this morning. It was so cold that I left something important behind when I dismounted.

Actually, it was not so bad for me. I was properly dressed and my ride was only a mile. Ask me the question again on a morning when it is ten below F!

WildmanDan

I walked to work, but I was properly dressed. For me, it usually boils down to which way the wind is blowing, not how hard. So this morning wasn’t as bad as other mornings in previous winters. But the season is still young.

bababoohi

You know it’s cold when you walk outside and the inside of your nose feels like it freezes as soon as you inhale.

Lakee911
    Participant

bababoohi wrote >>
    You know it’s cold when you walk outside and the inside of your nose feels like it freezes as soon as you inhale.

That’s a ‘feature’ of cold whether…it prevents runny nose. :)

misskitty
    Participant

Lakee911 wrote >>

bababoohi wrote >>

That’s a ‘feature’ of cold whether…it prevents runny nose. :)

Until you go back inside and the frozen boogers thaw out. lol

TaraK
    Participant

I wore two pairs of socks and still couldn’t feel my feet most of the day.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I was downtown to pick up a few things, walked a few blocks in a wind that could push me sideways, especially when I crossd Spring St. But I was expecting that and I dressed for wind, so I was OK.

Last night I went out to cut some parsley for dinner, it was frozen crisp.

Tenzo
    Participant

bababoohi wrote >>

You know it’s cold when you breath through your nose because breathing through your mouth causes ice to form on your teeth

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

It’s so cold outside, it killed my car battery :-(

blammo
    Participant

it’s so cold out, i’m afraid to go look at my motorcycle because I forgot to put antifreeze in the radiator. :(

StowCbusCleveland
    Participant

Being from the Akron-Cleveland corridor, it’s cold enough that I get to hear people in Columbus talking about how unbelievably cold it is while I just smile thinking about what cold can really mean. This is my 3rd winter in Columbus, but I haven’t shaken the memory of winter in Cleveland yet…

Oh, actually there’s my story. It’s so cold, that hell must have frozen over because I believe I watched the Browns put the hurt on the Steelers last night! :-)

groundrules
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    it’s so cold out, i’m afraid to go look at my motorcycle because I forgot to put antifreeze in the radiator. :(

oh man.

StowCbusCleveland wrote >>
    Being from the Akron-Cleveland corridor, it’s cold enough that I get to hear people in Columbus talking about how unbelievably cold it is while I just smile thinking about what cold can really mean. This is my 3rd winter in Columbus, but I haven’t shaken the memory of winter in Cleveland yet…
    Oh, actually there’s my story. It’s so cold, that hell must have frozen over because I believe I watched the Browns put the hurt on the Steelers last night! :-)

Agreed, I’m originally from NE of Cleveland up on Lake Erie. These Columbus peeps don’t know what cold is. Although, my husband takes the cake. He’s from northern MN. We went there for xmas last year and it was -30 degrees (pure temperature, not with windchill). The parking lots have hook ups for engine warmers for your car so it runs. Now THAT’s cold!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION