Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sneaking Alcohol at Comfest?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sneaking Alcohol at Comfest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

buckette13

I have never seen anyone busted for sneaking booze into Comfest. That includes the asshat who sat in front of us last year with the blanket covered in bud light cans. We helped clean those up after they just left them on the ground. An officer came over to the blanket next to that and asked people to control their growling dog so it was ‘over looked’.

I don’t think anyone needs to preach on what you ethically should do. You seem to understand what is going on and that choice is yours. If your question is about smuggling stuff in then it isn’t hard to do and you probably won’t get into trouble unless you make trouble.

ricospaz
    Participant

The simple solution is to just put your booze in coke bottles, etc. Cops are out and if any of you look suspicious or underage and they think you are drinking, they may card you. That being said, it’s busy, crowded and noisy. Keep it bolted together and you’ll be fine.

Just don’t drink and drive kids! Don’t want you to hit me on my bike.

mrpoppinzs

ricospaz said:

Just don’t drink and drive kids! Don’t want you to hit me on my bike.

+1 don’t drink and drive

If you want to smuggle stuff in just mix some scotch or vodka in a coke bottle. Wine in a faygo bottle also works. You really don’t have to be creative.

FoodFort
    Participant

Sneaking Booze into Comfest is bad Karma.

mrpoppinzs

ricospaz
    Participant

FoodFort said:
    Sneaking Booze into Comfest is bad Karma.

eh I was 20-21 and very poor once

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

leftovers

mrpoppinzs said:

I don’t think the karma gods really care about the booze smugglers at Comfest.

melikecheese
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    eh I was 20-21 and very poor once

Ditto.

Pro-tip, buy a mug for $3 or $4, that way you can pop two cans at once while your in the bushes. :)

I think i’m honestly gonna just pass. It’s so close to them being 21 it seems pointless to risk it. Next year we can all go and not have to worry.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

^ volunteer next year and you won’t have to pay for beer…everybody wins

pez
    Participant

lifeontwowheels said:
    ^ volunteer next year and you won’t have to pay for beer…everybody wins

How is that legal?

ORC 4301.22(D)

(D) No holder of a permit shall give away any beer or intoxicating liquor of any kind at any time in connection with the permit holder’s business.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

pez said:
    How is that legal?

ORC 4301.22(D)

(D) No holder of a permit shall give away any beer or intoxicating liquor of any kind at any time in connection with the permit holder’s business.

Volunteer tokens

pez
    Participant

lifeontwowheels said:
    Volunteer tokens

Is there an exception for volunteer tokens in the law?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

pez said:
    Is there an exception for volunteer tokens in the law?

Sure. If they paid you in dollar bills and you bought beer with it it wouldn’t be a violation, right? Same thing here, they’re giving you tokens and you can spend them as you please.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: