Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sliding Scale MRI?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Sliding Scale MRI?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zp945
    Participant

I have an employee with severe back pain. For their sake I won’t go in to details of how this injury happened, but I will say it is the result of violence. This injury happened several years ago and they have been struggling to get medical help with no insurance. Free clinics are more than happy to hand out pain pills, but what they really need is an MRI and a long term solution. Does anyone know of a clinic in town that offers sliding scale MRI? I have the list from the Health Dept of clinics and am working my way through it but was hoping someone here might have an idea of where to start. Thanks.

joev
    Participant

You can try one of the Columbus Neighborhood Health Centers. They may be able to connect your friend with a program that offers free or low cost treatment. Maybe that option doesn’t exist, but CNHC is a good starting point for finding out.

sixby9is42

All of the big healthcare providers (OhioHealth, Ohio State, Mount Carmel) offer charity care and financial assistance. For instance, here’s info for OhioHealth:

http://www.ohiohealth.com/body.cfm?id=3803

zp945
    Participant

Thanks for the tips.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE