Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Slice of Columbus 2012

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Slice of Columbus 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Development Board of Nationwide Children’s Hospital is pleased to announce that the 23rd Annual Slice of Columbus is moving to a new home!

September 19, 2012

5 – 9 p.m.

Columbus Commons

$12.00 Advance Purchase

$15.00 at the Door

$40 Family Pass

(Includes admission for 2 adults and up to 3 children plus 5 free Pepsi products)

Kids 5 and under are FREE

The event is rain or shine! We look forward to seeing you there.

Grab your friends and family to sample delicious pizza from 20 area pizza shops and vote for your favorite. Families can enjoy an expanded children’s area right out on the field with crafts, games and musical entertainment by The Bug Hounds.

People’s Choice voting will take place between 5:00–8:00 p.m. with the winners announced at 8:30 p.m.

MORE: https://giving.nationwidechildrens.org/Page.aspx?pid=282

OSURob
    Participant

Went to this event at Huntington Park last year and had a great time! You can stuff yourself with 20+ different types of pizzas. Great for kids as they had all-you-can-eat ice cream as well. If you eat pizza once a year, this is the time to do it! I did notice that Huntington Park allowed the pizzerias use of their ovens. Will there be some type of giant oven tent to mimic this?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump! Wednesday! ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump! Tonight! Anyone checking it out? ;)

lifeliberty
    Participant

they have ovens there. looks like it is going to be a great event.

hivner1

I was able to make it out with my family. Great crowd! Some familiar faces such as Late Nite Slice and some different faces that only locals would recognize (such as Little Sicly’s for me!). Some of the lines were 50 yards long but it moved really, really quick because you didn’t have to pay per slice but rather had an “all you can eat” ticket. I kept wondering if and how this concept could be applied to the food truck fest, which I’ve decided is no longer worth it to me because of the long waits and longer ticket times… ?

HighLife
    Participant

This looked like a fun event, but I hope they don’t start making it a habit to close Columbus Commons off to the public for “ticketed events” on a regular basis; or, at least, not on weeknights. Now that the sidewalk on the east side of High is closed, and both eastern corners at Rich & High are closed, I had a really annoying experience trying to get from my office to City Center garage.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

HighLife said:
    This looked like a fun event, but I hope they don’t start making it a habit to close Columbus Commons off to the public for “ticketed events” on a regular basis; or, at least, not on weeknights.

I thought it was a little annoying when they did this for Picnic with the Pops, but at the same time I’d rather see hundreds/thousands of extra people Downtown attending a ticketed event than being able to walk/run through an empty park with no one around. ;)

HighLife
    Participant

Oh, I don’t object to the use of or even the closing of the park in general – I’m very happy to see these events coming downtown. I just wish they had given some extra consideration due to the fact that the sidewalks are now closed; perhaps opening a part of the sidewalk that isn’t under construction yet, or some sort of compromise. I even heard several people walking near me who were planning to attend the event saying, “How the heck do we get over there?”

Or maybe I’m just bitter that I had other plans that night and couldn’t attend the Pizza Event….. it looked (and smelled) awesome! :)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I was working like 100 feet away and could see and smell it the entire time. Brutal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: