Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sledding in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sledding in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

JedThorp

Perhaps I missed it on past messageboards, but where are the best places to go sledding in Columbus? I live in Merion Village, and see some people sledding in Schiller Park, but that hill is pretty weak. Any great spots? Thanks!

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I’ve always gone to Antrim Park or Griggs Reservoir but those aren’t close to you.

Miller’s Hill, Bexley.

byJody
    Participant

Here is a list of central Ohio Metro parks.

I know Highbanks and Darby Creek have sledding hills. I guess you have to click thru to each park to see if sledding is one of the activities.

blammo
    Participant

There’s a pretty decent hill right at the intersection of goodale & grandview avenue.

agtw31

do morons still sled on that hill getting on 315 north at Lennox?

those people are nuts.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Bit of a drive but scioto park in dublin has a great hill.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Maybe a slight bit off the thrust of the topic, but I drove back and forth from Canton the last couple of weeks and let me tell you, there’s tons of huge hills that I thought would be freaking amazing sled hills. I should have stopped and taken photos, but these hills made me wish I had a sled in the back seat. Drive up 77N and you’ll see what I’m saying.

OK, sorry about the slight derail.

misskitty
    Participant

Glenwood Park on Broad st. has always be a favorite of mine they have a great hill. The big fast hill slides down into the park awesome.

misskitty
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote >>
    Maybe a slight bit off the thrust of the topic, but I drove back and forth from Canton the last couple of weeks and let me tell you, there’s tons of huge hills that I thought would be freaking amazing sled hills. I should have stopped and taken photos, but these hills made me wish I had a sled in the back seat. Drive up 77N and you’ll see what I’m saying.
    OK, sorry about the slight derail.

IMHO, That’s the best way to sled. Drive a little bit North or South and see big hill park jump out and sled.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

There were a ton of hills that would have been seriously extreme sledding, with natural ramps. Probably the best hill, though, had a big bump at the end that could have launched you right over the onramp that was at the bottom of the hill. My favorite were the many power line trails cut into the woods. Straight shot downhill, no trees in the way.

molson

Also a drive but Sharon Woods near Westerville has a medium hill.

After driving on Powell Rd and seeing how steep that area is near Worthington I was kind of hoping there was a big hill up there. Has anyone ever seen anything?

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Pickerington is decent, if I remember correctly. I’m finding out Saturday.

Kerry

Lighthouse Baptist Church on S High @ SR104, decent hill, but the place is usually pretty busy. It’s my understanding the church doesn’t mind if folks sled there. And sometimes the church ladies have cookies & hot chocolate for the sleders.

derm
    derm
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    There’s a pretty decent hill right at the intersection of goodale & grandview avenue.

Went with the kids after school yday. Righteous powder until it got too crowded

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: