Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chain Restaurants with Food Trucks

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chain Restaurants with Food Trucks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

lisathewaitress
    Participant

HA! Beatbox Kitchen is *Awesome*!!

Also, Subway is far more revolting than White Castle. Although a good deli cart seems like a good idea. Or a panini cart!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

joev wrote >>

cr0m wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    So… which will be the first chain/corporate food cart that we’ll see in Columbus? ;) How about Wendy’s or White Castle? ;)

Actually Joe, it was Walker’s idea (I replied too fast). Sorry, he’s the true nntrepreneur. :-)

Yeah, no – my idea was to make it easier to dump White Castle food in the river, thus improving quality of life for almost everyone, except those who live downstream.

remember you have to report any release of toxic sludge greater than 25 gallons to OEPA

I do love me some white castle, but I think that might count

hell, at least inmy case it ends up in the scioto pretty fast anyway.

Twixlen
    Participant

A) Dirty Franks cart is totally making my day.

B) A Waffle House cart is about the best ideer ever. They could cut the waffles up into sticks (like pretzel sticks) and give ya some syrup to dip them in.

C) Food carts make me happy. And food trucks.

clippers-05

I vote foe the solar powered vegan truck! :-)

Talcott

I won’t lie, I would happy visit a White Castle truck (and I agree with Lisa, Subway has somehow managed to make freshish vegetables seem less healthy than steamed onion burgers).

But a Dirty Franks truck sounds even better.

Although, at the moment, a Clintonville taco truck is number one on my “somebody start this business so I can eat from it” list.

KSquared

Yes to the Dirty Frank’s cart!!!

RSR – you can easily get a vegan meal at Dirty Frank’s. I actually prefer their veggie dogs (Tofurky brand I believe) because they let the toppings shine through so well.

KSquared wrote >>
    Yes to the Dirty Frank’s cart!!!
    RSR – you can easily get a vegan meal at Dirty Frank’s. I actually prefer their veggie dogs (Tofurky brand I believe) because they let the toppings shine through so well.

Cool- Thanks! :-) Rad Dog is pretty tasty too!

jmathews5
    Participant

stoked about dirty franks up and coming food cart.. :)
    wc hands down would make a killing w/ the snack packs. my sis would surely be happy :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Marketers Discover Trucks Can Deliver More Than Food
    By TANZINA VEGA
    Published: November 28, 2010

Heinz’s truck, offering free fries, began its trip in Pittsburgh, then visited New York. Other stops are Philadelphia and Dallas.

That strategy — pairing a brand’s message with of all things, a food truck — has been increasingly employed in recent months, with major advertisers using trucks as rolling sandwich boards while advertising agencies issue the call to independent food truck operators to participate in brand-sponsored events.

READ MORE: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/business/media/29truck.html?emc=eta1

Fusion Cafe

I got an e-mail a couple weeks back from someone at Kraft Foods/Oscar Mayer asking did I think a corporate food truck would work. I told them it would probably work well..in another city. Let’s hope the game stays geared towards us small business entrepeneur’s and the corporate dynasties stay out.

Or we could look at it as a form of flattery and that we must have really hit on something if the big boys want to play on our court.

Talcott

Fusion Cafe wrote >>
    I got an e-mail a couple weeks back from someone at Kraft Foods/Oscar Mayer asking did I think a corporate food truck would work. I told them it would probably work well..in another city. Let’s hope the game stays geared towards us small business entrepeneur’s and the corporate dynasties stay out.
    Or we could look at it as a form of flattery and that we must have really hit on something if the big boys want to play on our court.

They seriously asked you that?

Dear Fusion Cafe,
    We are a large food corporation who would like to move into your market and compete with you. Do you think that would be a good idea? We appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
    Kraft/Oscar Meyer

Does that really happen? I can certainly see Kraft/Oscar Meyer wanting to move it, I can see someone wanting to start a new independent food truck asking you about it, but that combination seems weird to me.

That said, I don’t think that big business food trucks would compete all that much with most of our local food trucks and carts. I love the mobile food that I do because of the food, not because of the venue. I can’t imagine Kraft Mac & Cheese being any more appealing because it has wheels.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Talcott wrote >>
    I love the mobile food that I do because of the food, not because of the venue. I can’t imagine Kraft Mac & Cheese being any more appealing because it has wheels.

This on the other hand looks like it would be delicious on wheels:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/delicious-ideas/Delicious-Ideas-RecipeDetail.aspx?recipe_id=120309

:D

ajwitt

I think Piada would be great for a food truck.

gramarye
    Participant

Talcott wrote >>
    That said, I don’t think that big business food trucks would compete all that much with most of our local food trucks and carts. I love the mobile food that I do because of the food, not because of the venue. I can’t imagine Kraft Mac & Cheese being any more appealing because it has wheels.

When you say Kraft Mac & Cheese, true. There are other chains, however, that might well succeed very well in the food cart space. Some might already be there and I don’t even know it. Starbucks, Chipotle, Panera, Tim Horton’s, Mark Pi’s (or any other quick Chinese take-away chain), and many others could very well be viable competitors.

I can virtually guarantee you that if Taco Bell drives a truck around East Campus between midnight and 2 a.m. on most fall weekends, it will come back empty of food and full of more cash than a Brinks truck.

Also, if you think a big business never ever successfully imitated a good idea from a small business, your knowledge of American economic history may have a gap or two. :-P

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!