Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chain Restaurants with Food Trucks

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chain Restaurants with Food Trucks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Food trucks are rolling into the mainstream

By Sharon Bernstein, Los Angeles Times

September 9, 2010

Familiar restaurant names are starting to show up in the parade of brightly painted food trucks jostling for customers. Soon Southern Californians will be able to buy barbecued beef from a Sizzler U.S.A. truck, and Arizonans grab a foot-long from a Subway sandwich truck.

READ MORE: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-food-trucks-20100909,0,579393.story

cr0m

Ah corporate America. If I go to a food cart, I’m not getting Subway. :-)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… which will be the first chain/corporate food cart that we’ll see in Columbus? ;) How about Wendy’s or White Castle? ;)

joev
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    So… which will be the first chain/corporate food cart that we’ll see in Columbus? ;) How about Wendy’s or White Castle? ;)

The only way to improve White Castle’s food is to put it on wheels and steer it at the Scioto, so I say WC!

cr0m

joev wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

The only way to improve White Castle’s food is to put it on wheels and steer it at the Scioto, so I say WC!

You know something joev, I think thats actually a pretty good idea for them. Sell the carts to people interested and get em on the streets! I think you should contact them with your idea! Me and my bowels will pass but still a good idea.

cc

I think the brick an mortar restaurants are a bit disconcerted by the appearance of gourmet/unique food carts. I believe to a degree it is similar to the pressure felt on Blockbuster when netflix and redbox appeared. The immediate effect will be fastfood and some fast casual places trying to copy the food cart model (we shall see if it works). In the long run I think competition will make better restaurants and food carts each pushing their strong points.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

A White Castle cart would be pretty cute!

Dirty Frank’s is debuting a cart soon. Look for us at a festival near you in 2011.

cr0m

Walker wrote >>

Actually Joe, it was Walker’s idea (I replied too fast). Sorry, he’s the true nntrepreneur. :-)

KSquared

cr0m wrote >>

joev wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

You know something joev, I think thats actually a pretty good idea for them. Sell the carts to people interested and get em on the streets! I think you should contact them with your idea! Me and my bowels will pass but still a good idea.

I bet you are right, a White Castle cart outside the bars at 2 am would probably do very well. Lots more upset stomachs in the morning, but a likely win for WC.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

KSquared wrote >>
    I bet you are right, a White Castle cart outside the bars at 2 am would probably do very well. Lots more upset stomachs in the morning, but a likely win for WC.

+1

Also: Waffle House Food Truck and a Hounddog’s Pizza by the Slice cart. ;)

cr0m

lizless wrote >>
    A White Castle cart would be pretty cute!
    Dirty Frank’s is debuting a cart soon. Look for us at a festival near you in 2011.

And I will visit this cart very often. :-)

cc

A Taco Bell taco cart serving the line of cars at the Taco Bell drive thru at 3am… :)

KSquared

Just think of it: White Castle, Taco Bell, Waffle House and Hound Dogs carts all lined up outside the bars. One could get a couple of sliders, a cheesy gordita crunch, some scattered, smothered and covered hash browns and a slice of smoking joe pizza. I can’t imagine the gastrointestinal carnage that would ensue :)

melikecheese
    Participant

I would get WC from a cart at 2AM! Saves me waiting 25 min in the drive thru.

joev
    Participant

cr0m wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Actually Joe, it was Walker’s idea (I replied too fast). Sorry, he’s the true nntrepreneur. :-)

Yeah, no – my idea was to make it easier to dump White Castle food in the river, thus improving quality of life for almost everyone, except those who live downstream.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE