Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Si Senor, Sandwiches and more

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Si Senor, Sandwiches and more

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

patient_zero said:
    I never made it in for their fish tacos, despite my love for them. Are they a regular special? I see they offer fish ceviche on Saturdays.

The fish tacos were served every Friday as a weekly special. They were pretty unique (as far as I’ve tasted) in that they contained a mix of both breaded *and* fried tilapia (most places do one or the other, right?). Couple that with their spicy yellow sauce and you’ve got yourself a good fish taco. ;)

They also have a Criollo Fish Sandwich on the menu every day, which flavor-wise is pretty close to the fish tacos other than the breading replacing the tortilla. I had it a few times on a non-Friday when craving the tacos but wanting something close enough. ;)

mrpoppinzs

I need to say this has become one of my favorite downtown places. It is surprising how many people do not know about this gem.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Since I’m getting hungry for lunch, and it has been too long since I had any of their sandwiches, I tried to find out if they had re-opened since the pipe burst and flooded them out. According to their Facebook page, that I can’t link to at the moment, they are going to be moving into the old Lynnally’s at 72 E Lynn St. They are tentatively set to open around the middle of March.

I’m sad to hear that they are closed for the time being, but I’m actually excited that they are moving closer to my office. The space that they are moving to is actually larger than their current space as well. Best wishes to them as they get moved in and I can’t wait for opening day!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I had heard that they were looking at that space, so that’s great to hear it’s working out for them! Our offices are right in between both locations, so it’s still a nice easy walk for us. :D

billbix

@murfmurphy

Thanks for the update. They are my favorite downtown sandwich shop by far. Will have to drop by their new place in March.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I hope they can make that new space work for them!

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

So do I, will be there to support them come March!

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

I hope the older gentleman will hang out on Third whistling at cars like he used to on Long St. That was always fun to see.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Here’s their facebook update:
    Sí Señor is officially moving to a new address. The up-to-date spot is located at 72 E Lynn St Columbus, Oh 43215 – Lynn Alley (formally known as “Lynnally’s”).
    Renovations will start on Feb 1st; which is pushing back the restaurant’s reopening at least until the middle of March.
    We are very sad we have to move, but due to the circumstances we made this decision. We also want to thank our customers and friends for the loyalty and support during all this time in the Atlas Building on Long St. It has been a great pleasure to welcome you into our family. We really look forward to celebrating the New Sí Señor with you.

surber17
    Participant

Are they open yet? Wanted to head there for lunch

surber17
    Participant

btw, since they weren’t answering their phone we just walked down there and the answer is no …. they are def. not open yet.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Last time I checked they said 2 weeks and that was about 2 weeks ago, still waiting for the city.

surber17
    Participant

i need them to open soon!! … craving it

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

They just posted on Facebook that they passed inspection for the new hood and should be opening soon.

dirtgirl
    Participant

I have breaking Si Senor news! Just noticed the new sign is up so I took a walk down Lynn Alley to check it out. I peeped in the windows — furnishings are in (the place looks great!) — and out walks one of the guys who works there. I asked if they were open and he said no, that inspections are underway right now and if they go well, they are opening this Friday.

Crossing my fingers they pass inspection. The City does not seem to make it easy to open a restaurant quickly, that’s for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: