Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Summer of Hair Salons?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Summer of Hair Salons?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

dejitaru
    Participant

Is it just me or is there a crazy amount of new hair salons popping up recently. Is there some sort of start your own hair salon in the short north grant out there that im not aware of?

i have heard similar complaints…. from what i understand they arent the best type of business to have multiples of in one area or district. cant not remember the specific reason at the moment.

WildmanDan

One is opening up at the corner of Russell & High in the old furniture place, and one has opened up next to the eyeglass place on Hubbard behind Rosendales. Also, there maybe one going in the vacant spaces near the old Little Brothers location.

And yet still no place to buy basic groceries, but you can get your pick of hair stylists and buy a cake for your dog.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Columbusite wrote >>
    And yet still no place to buy basic groceries…

WildmanDan

Walker wrote >>

Columbusite wrote >>
    And yet still no place to buy basic groceries…

Overpriced due to being a carry out type of store and having to deal with the vagrants/bums,etc on the corner of the store outside (though not as bad as it used to be). I credit that more than likely to the store or SBA/Italian Village Commission, not Columbus Finest, otherwise change would have happened sooner considering all the complaints.

JonMyers
    Participant

The northern outside corner of United Dairy Farmers is a hot bed for Crystal Wolf.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

WildmanDan wrote >>
    Overpriced due to being a carry out type of store and having to deal with the vagrants/bums,etc on the corner of the store outside (though not as bad as it used to be).

But you CAN buy basic groceries there. And depending on where you’re at in the Short North, there’s a pretty good chance you’re close enough to walk to either the Kroger, Giant Eagle, or North Market.

But I digress. This topic is about salons. Not about how Columbusite has a whine-a-thon about the same things over and over and over.

I mean real food, not chips, twinkies, and soda. I’m just in agreement with someone I know that lives east of Hubbard and High. You can walk right down High to buy the aforementioned items, but not fresh produce, nevermind finding a hardware store there, both of which would be more useful than an over-saturation of hair salons, but that’s just me. I guess my standards are too high for Columbus; that being able to buy everyday items on the most gentrified strip of High St.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    I mean real food, not chips, twinkies, and soda. I’m just in agreement with someone I know that lives east of Hubbard and High. You can walk right down High to buy the aforementioned items, but not fresh produce, nevermind finding a hardware store there, both of which would be more useful than an over-saturation of hair salons, but that’s just me. I guess my standards are too high for Columbus; that being able to buy everyday items on the most gentrified strip of High St.

blah blah blah…

I like how you left out that the best market in the city is easy biking or walking distance from anywhere in the short north.. also, while Giant Eagle isn’t my favourite, it fills the need of produce, meat, milk and flour as well.. And it’s also within easy biking and walking distance of the short north..

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Roland
    Participant

The sad thing about more hair salons opening up is that I will probably never visit them. These locations could have been anything else and I’d find a reason to check it out.

I never shop for a hair cut. Sorry.

KSquared

I’m always tempted to get a gift card for cr0m and send him to a swanky salon just to see the look on the hairdresser’s face. (He has alopecia and therefore has no hair) :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    I’m always tempted to get a gift card for cr0m and send him to a swanky salon just to see the look on the hairdresser’s face. (He has alopecia and therefore has no hair) :)

He could get a nice buffing? Perhaps?

KSquared

osulew wrote >>

KSquared wrote >>

He could get a nice buffing? Perhaps?

I am so going to ask if they offer that as a service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: