Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Stage

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Stage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

srmtc00

Hi Yall –

I’ve been hearing more these days about this new theater company in the short north called Short North Stage – I’ve seen them on twitter and facebook of late, and they have a new logo on their website. Anyone have any updates?

Thanks!

Liner Notes
    Participant

I’ve seen this too. Through a twitter message, they informed me they will be a non-profit. But so far they are keeping their location under wraps. My (wishfully thinking) hope is that they take up space in the old Garden Theater. Great to see someone still taking chances on the arts in the district. Break a leg Short North Stage!

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Liner Notes wrote >>
    I’ve seen this too. Through a twitter message, they informed me they will be a non-profit. But so far they are keeping their location under wraps. My (wishfully thinking) hope is that they take up space in the old Garden Theater. Great to see someone still taking chances on the arts in the district. Break a leg Short North Stage!

I believe the Garden theater is in fact the location.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/arts/stories/2011/04/24/troupe-seeks-air-of-broadway-in-short-north.html?sid=101

http://www.facebook.com/ShortNorthStage

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

[b]Short North Stage to Reopen Garden Theatre as Arts Venue in 2012[/b]
    By: Walker

[i]The performance stage inside the Garden Theatre building went dark decades ago, but a new nonprofit is dedicated to bringing it back to life. Short North Stage began organizing over a year ago with the mission to create a new performing arts theatre group in Columbus and have taken on the task of rebuilding the Garden Theatre as their new home.[/i]

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/short-north-stage-to-reopen-garden-theatre-as-arts-venue-in-2012

Diesha

I am so excited for Short North Stage to finally be working in the Garden Theatre space. I’ve been impressed by all those involved to help get this launched. What a great addition to the neighborhood – Looking forward to the concert version of a famous musical this Fall in the unrenovated space.
    Best of luck!

groundrules
    Participant

cool.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Very exciting news! Soon Columbus will be known for the Buckeyes, food, AND art and live entertainment. :)

cc

Diesha said:
    What a great addition to the neighborhood – Looking forward to the concert version of a famous musical this Fall in the unrenovated space.

This is so great! no longer have to schlepp all over for live entertainment.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

[b]Getting to Know The Garden Theater Building[/b]
    By: Walker

[i]The Short North Stage is the local group of theatrical professionals who are taking on the task of converting the historic Garden Theater building back into a functional performance space. The group held their first “Garden Party” this evening for friends, family and neighbors to get to know the project a bit better.[/i]

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/getting-to-know-the-garden-theater-building

Coreroc

love this space and cannot wait to see it renovated in person. about flipping time someone make something of that space.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Garden Theater sign just got an overhaul and will be re-lit during the October gallery hop!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Photos of the relit sign:

Garden Theater Sign Relit Tonight

Huzzah!

leftovers

I hope the person living in the apartment behind the sign likes green. ;)

placebohigh
    Participant

Stopped by and thought it was a great event! Glad to see this space getting revitalized and look forward to seeing what they have in store!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.