Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Posse Busted

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Posse Busted

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I am doing my part to help on this issue. My wife and I have been active with an organization BREAD (Bringing Responsibility Equity And Dignity) this year. This is a federation of over 50 congregations (churchs, synogogues, and mosques) working together to identify community problems and take action.

This year, we are working on crime and violence and we had our first research meeting with Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien. I took time off work to participate in this meeting. At the end of the research phase, the organization will pick a solution to work for this year and we will work towards putting it into effect.

O’Brien pointed us to a program that Boston MA used to reduce the murder rate to 0 for an 18 month period. This program involved providing a wide variety of youth oriented activities to keep youths from joining gangs.

I don’t know what the program will choose as its proposed solution, but at least I am not sitting back and doing nothing.

SusanB
    Participant

KLUE – trash knows no color, as we like to say on the South Side. Your posts do come off racist, you might want to work on that. I know that after years of living in a “transitional” neighborhood you get jumpy about certain folks that fit the demo of the troublemakers in the area. I myself have to work on not flinching when I interact with young, white males with the “Appalachian South Side” drawl and I try mightily not to hate all young white kids. Please calm down and leave the racial descriptors out of your posts, they are completely unnecessary.

Point of fact – I love black people and all people. Each person is unique and needs to be treasured for who they are as a person and not race, religion, etc. But some folks who behave bad (kill, steal, etc) are bad and I would prefer to live with good folks not bad folks who care of any race. I don’t like Black gangs, Chinese gangs, Latino gangs, Italian gangs, Irish gangs, Somali gangs, white trash gangs or Jewish gangs period and don’t like all the BS that comes with it. Every neighborhood has a different challenge and dominant or majority group, bottom line is a culture of tolerance ain’t going to make it better. We need more people respecting each other as people, their property, their environment etc. What makes me angry is that most of these gang members (not all I sure but most) crap all over where they live have no respect for the community, bystanders, the elderly, yada, yada, yada. People are typically either givers, makers and takers and unfortunately most of these gangs regardless of ethnicity are takers and parasites once they have taken everything in a community their move to the next and the process continues (they have scorched earth effect), etc…all gangs when they take over create a culture of apathy, despair and hopelessness and POF ruin a neighborhood and trump all the good stuff people are working on, which is why they need to be vigorously defeated before they develop roots and become part of the status quo. Read about the psychology of the broken windows paradigm in a neighborhood on the residents – same impact that gangs have on a street and the people living there

Hope this clears up my position…did not mean to offend

Cookie

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>
    Point of fact – I love black people and all people.

Some of my best friends are people.

As a person of color, I grew up with gangs as a child, so I have first hand knowledge, also saw pit bulls being raised to fight, animals whipped and small dogs stolen to later be used as pit bull bait so have had some very vivid memories and experience (although I don’t pretend to be an expert) – “People” sure do love to read into every word…next time will use the word “persons” more PC – petty IMHO LOL

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

As a person on meth or perhaps lithium…

yep.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

Point of fact – I love black people and all people.

Some of my best friends are people.

Leave it up to Cookie :-)

misskitty
    Participant

Interesting this is not the Old skool SNP. When I first saw the headline I thought that was what they were talking about.
    But Why should these “humans” get any respect when they themselves don’t know how to treat others as people or humans with respect. Their job is selling death to people they are not people to me they are pieces of shit. It’s a tough culture but you can never fully understand the shit of it until you have a crack head sell their kids school computer for a 20 rock or try to sell an open pack of toilet paper for five. I am fully comfortable saying that because I have enough balls to call my previous self a piece of shit.
    Will it ever change? I hope so But until people stop dropping kids they have no intentions of raising right then I doubt it.

News
    Participant

Two convicted of ‘Short North Posse’ gang activity
    By John Futty
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Thursday November 10, 2011 11:43 PM

Two men were convicted of being members of the Short North Posse and participating in the gang’s criminal activities today, but a third defendant was acquitted of the same charges by a Franklin County Common Pleas jury.

Jurors found them guilty of one count of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and one count of participating in a criminal gang.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/11/10/two-convicted-of-gang-activity.html

News
    Participant

Judge sends two Short North Posse members to prison
    MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2011 04:03 AM
    By John Futty
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Wednesday November 23, 2011 11:39 AM

Two men who were convicted of being members of the Short North Posse have been sentenced by a Franklin County Common Pleas judge. Cornelius Allen, 31, was sentenced today to four years in prison for participating in a criminal gang and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/11/23/two-gang-members-sentenced.html

cheap

4 years is a vacation.he’ll be right back.

Static-X

It’s a shame that we can’t form a ‘posse’ and round up these punks ourselves. How are these pieces of shit any different from the terrorist over in the middle east? Maybe we need our military to clean up our own streets. People can’t even go out in their own neighborhoods without being in fear of their lives. Like I said in a past post, we need to turn into Paul Kersey’s and take care of it ourselves.

cheap

Static-X said:
    It’s a shame that we can’t form a ‘posse’ and round up these punks ourselves. How are these pieces of shit any different from the terrorist over in the middle east? Maybe we need our military to clean up our own streets. People can’t even go out in their own neighborhoods without being in fear of their lives. Like I said in a past post, we need to turn into Paul Kersey’s and take care of it ourselves.

funny stuff.

OSUPhantom

hugh59 said:
    I am doing my part to help on this issue. My wife and I have been active with an organization BREAD (Bringing Responsibility Equity And Dignity) this year. This is a federation of over 50 congregations (churchs, synogogues, and mosques) working together to identify community problems and take action.

This year, we are working on crime and violence and we had our first research meeting with Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien. I took time off work to participate in this meeting. At the end of the research phase, the organization will pick a solution to work for this year and we will work towards putting it into effect.

O’Brien pointed us to a program that Boston MA used to reduce the murder rate to 0 for an 18 month period. This program involved providing a wide variety of youth oriented activities to keep youths from joining gangs.

I don’t know what the program will choose as its proposed solution, but at least I am not sitting back and doing nothing.

My church is involved with BREAD. I plan to get more involved with it this upcoming year.

News
    Participant

Central Ohio gang members arraigned
    Wednesday August 6, 2014 6:15 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Sixteen reputed central Ohio gang members have pleaded not guilty to charges including murder, racketeering conspiracy and using guns to commit crimes.

Eleven defendants could face the death penalty if convicted of aggravated murder charges.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2014/08/06/oh–gang-racketeering-charges.html

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION