Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Posse Busted

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Posse Busted

• This topic has 60 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by News.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author

cyclist II
    Participant

grifado wrote >>
    The city had 17th blocked off before the railroad tracks (I think during the state fair) leaving a dead end. During this time “they” tagged the f**k out of a WHOLE HOUSE. It really blew my mind. Complete disrespect of a neighborhood. I think it is this one
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=summit+and+11th+columbus+ohio&sll=39.995268,-83.002912&sspn=0.002059,0.004812&g=summit+and+11th+columbus+ohio&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Summit+St+%26+E+11th+Ave,+Columbus,+Franklin,+Ohio+43201&ll=40.001238,-82.996967&spn=0,0.019248&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.001247,-82.99707&panoid=0xINtQZiaR2HPytYG84oqA&cbp=12,173.58,,0,5

I have some photos of me on the porch of that house.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

howatzer wrote >>
    Just to be clear so I’m not misunderstanding this, is that really a mutha fucc’n sheep in the mutha fucc’n hood?

I see a movie in this staring Samuel L Jackson, who is sick and tired of all these motherfucc’n sheeps on this motherfucc’n hood.

If I had time I would make a movie poster for “Sheeps on a Hood”.

berdawn

Rockmastermike wrote >>

howatzer wrote >>
    Just to be clear so I’m not misunderstanding this, is that really a mutha fucc’n sheep in the mutha fucc’n hood?

I see a movie in this staring Samuel L Jackson, who is sick and tired of all these motherfucc’n sheeps on this motherfucc’n hood.

if your schedule changes, include Shaun the Sheep from the Wallace & Grommit videos as Mr. Jackson’s nemesis.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>

howatzer wrote >>

if your schedule changes, include Shaun the Sheep from the Wallace & Grommit videos as Mr. Jackson’s nemesis.

YES!

AmyArt21
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

Porky wrote >>

J.R. Locke wrote >>
    It is simply capitalism. Why not let them have their lemonade stand? The violence is only increased by the idiot politicians and people far away from the situation who declare a new war on drugs. That is a war on their economy.

+1 Well said.

because they are engaging in an illegal activity, additional illegal activities occur. the next time I’m at Easton, I’ll look for the graffiti to tell me where Macy’s territory ends; maybe I’ll pick up the stray bullet casings that were left when the Harry & David crew decided to shoot a few rounds.

Does anyone here watch The Wire?!

berdawn

Rockmastermike wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>

howatzer wrote >>

YES!

thank you thank you thank you!

berdawn

AmyArt21 wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Porky wrote >>

J.R. Locke wrote >>
    It is simply capitalism. Why not let them have their lemonade stand? The violence is only increased by the idiot politicians and people far away from the situation who declare a new war on drugs. That is a war on their economy.

+1 Well said.

because they are engaging in an illegal activity, additional illegal activities occur. the next time I’m at Easton, I’ll look for the graffiti to tell me where Macy’s territory ends; maybe I’ll pick up the stray bullet casings that were left when the Harry & David crew decided to shoot a few rounds.

Does anyone here watch The Wire?!

yep. it was really weird for a while; it was like the theme song(s) played in my head whenever I’d be driving in my neighborhood.

enigmaco
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>

enigmaco wrote >>
    Glad they are actually cleaning up things around here, but it’s going to take a group effort from the city not just the cops. People need to decide if they want to be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

I think a lot of people want to be neither. They agree that problems exist, but they want to hide and stay out of the way and hope that the someone else will be proactive and solve the problem.
    Telling them that that isn’t good enough, i.e., that they need to be either part of the solution or part of the problem, generally comes off as “you’re either with us or against us” and elicits a defensive reaction, unfortunately.

And that right there is causing a problem, nothing is going to get done with people sitting on their hands. People need to speak up, and take some action. I grew up a country boy, so to be to sit by and let this crap go on there is no reason for it take some action.

rory
    Participant

enigmaco wrote >>

gramarye wrote >>

enigmaco wrote >>
    Glad they are actually cleaning up things around here, but it’s going to take a group effort from the city not just the cops. People need to decide if they want to be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

I think a lot of people want to be neither. They agree that problems exist, but they want to hide and stay out of the way and hope that the someone else will be proactive and solve the problem.
    Telling them that that isn’t good enough, i.e., that they need to be either part of the solution or part of the problem, generally comes off as “you’re either with us or against us” and elicits a defensive reaction, unfortunately.

And that right there is causing a problem, nothing is going to get done with people sitting on their hands. People need to speak up, and take some action. I grew up a country boy, so to be to sit by and let this crap go on there is no reason for it take some action.

Exactly what kind of action are you proposing?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

You can lead a gangsta to four loko and well, he will drink.

Nice to see folks telling the truth. This is not the right kind of economy we should promote. These gangstas represent a culture of death and violence. All bad, bad, bad. We need to confront and call it out and tell it like it is… This is an economy based on extortion, killing, death, fear, intimidation and violence. Urban neighborhood stakeholders need to confront and root it out. This is good news for Weinland Park. The neighborhood associations need to target the carryouts next and all the crappy landlords that are more interested in collecting rents than what is good for the neighborhood.

Call Columbus Code and the CPD 645.4545, and report junked vehicles on the street and in the alleys and parked in yards to 311.columbus.gov

When this element knows there are eyes watching (people who care and won’t tolerate this BS and aren’t afraid) and observing they do 3 things: run, move out and hide….

I agree “silence” is the not the answer – these black gangs in the inner city in Columbus need to be challenged and they will cave – the worse thing is doing nothing and embracing the status quo… I don’t live in appalachia, but would do the same thing with the crystal meth dealers they are in the same league BAD NEWS… When you are in a block watch you learn to describe the perpetrators. Unfortunately, you can’t say young person 25 years old with brown hair and 200lbs – doesn’t work!

The truth will set you free and chasing ghosts is frutile – you get tired of all pc lingua franca…it feels good but the impact of this chit chat is totally ineffective at solving and addressing real problems IMHO. You have to have the courage to describe and articulate the problem and drivers before you can have the humility and understanding to address it…

Core_Models

Really, I’d just call the cops when I see black people. Everyone else does.

BTW, David Duke called, he also thinks you’re courageous.

J.R. Locke

berdawn wrote >>

Porky wrote >>

J.R. Locke wrote >>

+1 Well said.

Illegal activity is a loose concept to invoke a “war” on. For instance where does Macy’s make its clothes? How does it get from there to there or here? Who delivers these items. Do they follow all the laws? Do they have a moral compass to the people effected by their business?

My guess is there are many laws broken, lives left in shambles and some comparatively wealthy people whom have no problem collecting the money while orchestrating the whole thing.

Macy’s does sell jewelry of some sort correct? That business is nastier than a meth lab in a valley.

Again this is simply capitalism. There is a demand for these items, this need will get fulfilled. Value is in the belief of the consumer.

The question is how do you prevent innocent people from being victimized by this? My guess is you don’t make the organization less stable and increase the do or die stakes worldview they have.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I have a neighbor a few doors down in the KLD. His wife privately told me he is a huge racist. I don’t understand why he moved into this neighborhood in the first place. It’s not like there aren’t low income neighborhoods with all white people in them.

On a related note, KingLinclonUrbanEnthusiast, whether or not you’ve noticed, your repeated emphasis on “black gangs” has convinced many people posting in this thread –including several posters not noted for PC tendencies –that you’re a flaming racist. If that isn’t true, this might be a good time to try to rehabilitate your image.

Otherwise you come across as a “KLUE”-less gentrifier who thinks his neighborhood would be great if only all those black people could be gotten rid of.

J.R. Locke

ChrisSunami wrote >>
    Otherwise you come across as a “KLUE”-less gentrifier who thinks his neighborhood would be great if only all those black people could be gotten rid of.

A true clueless gentrifier only wants a certain type of black person. I think that is what he is after anyways, looking at the emphasis of his posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION