Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Posse Busted

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Posse Busted

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author

TaraK
    Participant

I know all of the generally white, toothless meth dealers in Appalachia are very un-scummy, ethical, and work to generate positivity and growth within their communities.

Keep the conversation civil and the racism out of it.

Thanks,
    The Moderators

enigmaco
    Participant

Glad they are actually cleaning up things around here, but it’s going to take a group effort from the city not just the cops. People need to decide if they want to be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

cc

Rockmastermike wrote >>

buckeye81 wrote >>
    You have a terrible mentality and should seek PROFESSIONAL HELP. And stop posting your RACIST HATRED here!

there’s been a lot of that around here lately it seems. Sad.

agreed

cyclist II
    Participant

christylwilliams wrote >>
    Possibly related, possibly not, but a young man in the Short North who calls himself “CCrippey” has a terrific youtube channel of various questionable activities of the Short North Crips.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ccrippey
    It’s provided me countless hours of entertainment. My favorite by far is the wonderfully poetic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNrfYPhxrvY
    Sadly, CCrippey hasn’t posted in about a year.

1301 Indianola.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>
    They are “below” low class read zero class, very destructive and especially scummy…like pond scum they spread fast and multiple, unless promptly forced out, confronted by neigborhoods and or locked up or everything in concert. This is a culture…sad thing is they keep killing themselves which is a terrible waste but not something to tolerate…go up to Detroit to see how they “take over” to a point where you can’t reclaim, but need to abandon a community. And BTW they hate women, gays and are very abusive to animals as well, which is why I find their sympathizers and all the anti-snitchers around them almost worse criminals….

As someone who calls the cops when I am riding my bike and see things suspicious–whistle blowing, not snitching– I would say it’s one thing to defend oneself, one’s home and one’s family and community. But it’s another thing to dehumanize the people you’re referring to.

The latter approach may result when we are neglecting to come to terms with our own humanity. Whether it’s a criminal (white collar or otherwise) or someone heroic, it still reflects upon all of us, due to our shared humanity.

I suggest that some of us would be less inclined to label other human beings as zero class and scummy if we had more historical and sociological knowledge.

I would like to think that I can harm or even kill another human being out of self-defense, while not dehumanizing or hating them.

grifado

The city had 17th blocked off before the railroad tracks (I think during the state fair) leaving a dead end. During this time “they” tagged the f**k out of a WHOLE HOUSE. It really blew my mind. Complete disrespect of a neighborhood. I think it is this one
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=summit+and+11th+columbus+ohio&sll=39.995268,-83.002912&sspn=0.002059,0.004812&g=summit+and+11th+columbus+ohio&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Summit+St+%26+E+11th+Ave,+Columbus,+Franklin,+Ohio+43201&ll=40.001238,-82.996967&spn=0,0.019248&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.001247,-82.99707&panoid=0xINtQZiaR2HPytYG84oqA&cbp=12,173.58,,0,5

J.R. Locke

TomOver wrote >>

KingLincolnUrbanEnthusiast wrote >>
    They are “below” low class read zero class, very destructive and especially scummy…like pond scum they spread fast and multiple, unless promptly forced out, confronted by neigborhoods and or locked up or everything in concert. This is a culture…sad thing is they keep killing themselves which is a terrible waste but not something to tolerate…go up to Detroit to see how they “take over” to a point where you can’t reclaim, but need to abandon a community. And BTW they hate women, gays and are very abusive to animals as well, which is why I find their sympathizers and all the anti-snitchers around them almost worse criminals….

As someone who calls the cops when I am riding my bike and see things suspicious–whistle blowing, not snitching– I would say it’s one thing to defend oneself, one’s home and one’s family and community. But it’s another thing to dehumanize the people you’re referring to.
    The latter approach may result when we are neglecting to come to terms with our own humanity. Whether it’s a criminal (white collar or otherwise) or someone heroic, it still reflects upon all of us, due to our shared humanity.
    I suggest that some of us would be less inclined to label other human beings as zero class and scummy if we had more historical and sociological knowledge.
    I would like to think that I can harm or even kill another human being out of self-defense, while not dehumanizing or hating them.

All these dudes are doing is taking advantage of the economic factors of their situation. Folks ain’t buying Abercrombie there, nor high fashioned cocktails nor microbrews.

It is simply capitalism. Why not let them have their lemonade stand? The violence is only increased by the idiot politicians and people far away from the situation who declare a new war on drugs. That is a war on their economy.

Not just the scummy either.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/12/07/police-bust-alleged-drug-ring-at-columbia/

howatzer
    Participant

Possibly related, possibly not, but a young man in the Short North who calls himself “CCrippey” has a terrific youtube channel of various questionable activities of the Short North Crips.
    It’s provided me countless hours of entertainment. My favorite by far is the wonderfully poetic:

Just to be clear so I’m not misunderstanding this, is that really a mutha fucc’n sheep in the mutha fucc’n hood?

howatzer
    Participant

Most of the bums taking craps in my alley are white, if that helps. Apparently it’s a melting pot back there.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

J.R. Locke wrote >>

It is simply capitalism. Why not let them have their lemonade stand? The violence is only increased by the idiot politicians and people far away from the situation who declare a new war on drugs. That is a war on their economy.

+1 Well said.

berdawn

Porky wrote >>

J.R. Locke wrote >>

+1 Well said.

because they are engaging in an illegal activity, additional illegal activities occur. the next time I’m at Easton, I’ll look for the graffiti to tell me where Macy’s territory ends; maybe I’ll pick up the stray bullet casings that were left when the Harry & David crew decided to shoot a few rounds.

jimbach
    Participant

Poor Lily, she is missed…

melikecheese
    Participant

“Gangs” are kind of a joke, I mean most other countries have Terrorist groups, which make these clowns just look like a bunch of bored drunks who dropped out of school too early. Come on step it up criminal underground of America!

gramarye
    Participant

enigmaco wrote >>
    Glad they are actually cleaning up things around here, but it’s going to take a group effort from the city not just the cops. People need to decide if they want to be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

I think a lot of people want to be neither. They agree that problems exist, but they want to hide and stay out of the way and hope that the someone else will be proactive and solve the problem.

Telling them that that isn’t good enough, i.e., that they need to be either part of the solution or part of the problem, generally comes off as “you’re either with us or against us” and elicits a defensive reaction, unfortunately.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: