Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Panhandler Strange Incident

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Panhandler Strange Incident

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote

Coremodels wrote if I’m not mistaken…a trespasser who is aggressive and threatening violence on your yard can pretty much be beaten at will without you catching a case.

I do think you may be wrong about that. But, realistically, I bet a lot of cops might be rather understanding about it.

Well, I’d take my chances. Maybe the difference is a 9-1-1 call first, THEN the beating (I think that’s the way it played out in the personal instance I’m thinking of). So, you basically file the verbal complaint of “this maniac is on my lawn threatening me”…THEN beat his ass…then the cops show up, you’re good to go. Trust me, this is by no means legal advice, it just was what worked for me :lol:

disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer, but I play one in court sometimes.

Coremodels wrote >>
    Maybe the difference is a 9-1-1 call first, THEN the beating

If you could get away to make the call — then why would you return to the threatening situation? That would probably NOT be reasonable, even if a cop or jury would let it slide…

Like I said, tho, most of the panhandlers really aren’t a problem (maybe a little mouthy sometimes, so what?).

This one guy is an issue. May have a mental problem. Glad I have large dogs that bark when the house is approached — altho, that doesn’t help when I don’t have them on the street. Hope he (Tim) eventually relocates. That one is tricky. I still think remaining off this guy’s radar as much as possible (*do not engage*) is best, and then call the cops when needed. I don’t know that beating a crazy person changes their behavior. The person isn’t reacting normally to situations anyway, so it’s hard to say what, if any, effect a beating would have. And, if you hurt a crazy person badly, could you live with that?

revolutionist
    Participant

I’m not familiar with his name, it could be Tim for all I know, but a few months ago a really aggressive beggar was hanging around the North Side branch of the Library, where he tried to hit me up for cash, and was much more aggressive than other beggars. Then he wouldn’t let my girl friend out of her car one day when she came home from work, and followed her to the front door. I told him to leave and shut the door in his face, then he came back a few days latter, and she was at work; I told him not to come around again. I haven’t seen him since.

I saw him for a while “living” or at least hanging out a lot around the 70 McMillen building, the same building that Charlie W. Myers, was arrested in.
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/01/05/adaytonkilling.html?sid=101

We live in a building just a few doors down, and just in the past month, since mid December, McMillen has been made impassible by Swat twice. Once when our neighbor wigged out and threatened to kill himself, and the second when Myers was arrested. The building we live in is decent, though we have some noisy undergrads above us, most of the residence are grad students/med students/law students, and a few working singles and couples. However we are flanked on both sides by crazies. The building next door is like a 24/7 Jerry Springer show.

Just last week, when going to work in the morning we were greeted by a rifle carrying cop telling us to go back inside, they were checking in on one of the neighbors. We moved to Columbus about a year and a half ago, we chose the area because it boarders the SN, VV and Campus. We love the area, but the crime and the crazies are getting more violent. Last year the worse thing that went down were a few car thefts from the parking lot (mostly for parts), this year has been much more disquieting. We are planning on staying, moving to the north side of the VV area soon, we are hoping the area quickly improves.

Roland
    Participant

revolutionist wrote >>
    We are planning on staying, moving to the north side of the VV area soon, we are hoping the area quickly improves.

I live in the north side of VV and love it.

Tim is back. He was knocking on my door last night. I’m sick of putting up with his shit. I answered the door thinking it was probably one of my bozo friends. So it’s Tim, and he starts off on one of his angry racist tirades again. This was the 4th time and now that I’m hearing accounts of him scaring my neighbors, I’m not being tolerant or friendly anymore. I’m reporting him every time now.

blammo
    Participant

Roland wrote >>

revolutionist wrote >>
    We are planning on staying, moving to the north side of the VV area soon, we are hoping the area quickly improves.

I live in the north side of VV and love it.
    Tim is back. He was knocking on my door last night. I’m sick of putting up with his shit. I answered the door thinking it was probably one of my bozo friends. So it’s Tim, and he starts off on one of his angry racist tirades again. This was the 4th time and now that I’m hearing accounts of him scaring my neighbors, I’m not being tolerant or friendly anymore. I’m reporting him every time now.

you need a ridiculously large dog to help you greet strangers at the door. it does wonders for speeding up the conversation to its inevitable conclusion.

Or just whack ’em in the head with that shovel on your porch! SPLAAAAANNNNG

blammo
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Man, I wish I still had that picture I photoshopped of Roland on The Shoveller.

Roland
    Participant

Coremodels wrote >>
    Man, I wish I still had that picture I photoshopped of Roland on The Shoveller.

Whhhaaaat! I don’t remember this :)

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: