Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping Events & Deals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Neighborhood Yard Sale - June 6th

Home Forums Events Shopping Events & Deals Short North Neighborhood Yard Sale – June 6th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Annual Short North Neighborhood Yard Sale

Saturday June 6th – 9 am to 3 pm

This year’s yard sale will be even bigger and better than before. The yard sale now includes all the neighborhoods of the Short North including Victorian Village, Harrison West, Italian Village, Dennison Place and The Circles.

An exciting feature this year is the ability to register your sale online and have it appear in a listing and on a map that will be viewable by everyone. This should really help promote your sale. We will also arrange for pickup service by a local charity for any unsold items you wish to dispose of. Last year there were over 150 registered sales in what has become the largest neighborhood yard sale in Columbus!

MORE: http://www.victorianvillage.org/?id=77

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I’m so excited my brain just exploded.

NikosFyodor
    Participant

I’m selling my artwork (for dirt cheap), Meghan is selling jewelery, and we’ll have a bunch of other stuff too! Stop by and see our wares at 322 Buttles Ave!

CDS sherman

NikosFyodor wrote >>
    I’m selling my artwork (for dirt cheap), Meghan is selling jewelery, and we’ll have a bunch of other stuff too! Stop by and see our wares at 322 Buttles Ave!

can i sell my benches at your house?

somertimeoh
    Participant

Oh man, I’m going to buy something from this dude just because I feel bad. Talk about FML….

348 Buttles Avenue
    Wife is with another man, ungrateful brat is off to college, and I lost my job due to downsizing. Selling: antique furniture, kitchenware, household items, xmas decorations, tools, and anything else that reminds me of all three.

TaraK
    Participant

@somertimeoh: That’s a bummer. Maybe you should take him a couple beers as well.

So how do you all recommend navigating this large yard sale? I know there are maps. Where would you start and in what direction would you go? I loved the German Village one, but I think we mostly walked in circles.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Anyone else got cool stuff up for grabs? :-)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    Anyone else got cool stuff up for grabs? :-)

You going? I wanna be out and about right as it starts.
    I also want my morning coffee to be Irish if ya know what I’m sayin. Yeah. Good tiiiiiimes.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Where are y’all starting? I’m thinking I want to start my end first because that’s the biggest clusters. I can go get donuts if y’all want to gather here around 8:30.

And yes, Lew, I’ll get Timbits :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Yes timbits. Make mine Irish.
    Wooooo hoooo for buyin junk. I’m so freakin excited.

groundrules
    Participant

TaraK wrote >>

@somertimeoh
    : That’s a bummer. Maybe you should take him a couple beers as well.
    So how do you all recommend navigating this large yard sale? I know there are maps. Where would you start and in what direction would you go? I loved the German Village one, but I think we mostly walked in circles.

The vic village one is more spread out (bigger area too) than german village. There’s a concentration of stuff on Neil ave, but there’s a lot on random side streets too. I really think the best way to see a bunch on saturday will be via a bike.

Coreroc

after your junk buys stop by Salon Hotel Lilly at 1st and high for festivities and an opening reception from Myself and Mike Bush with a selection of new large scale works.

Brant
    Participant

Somebody told me there’s a similar neighborhood yard sale coming up for Grandview Heights. Couldn’t find anything on Google. Anybody have any info on this?

somertimeoh
    Participant

I hope next year they can break this thing up some how. We didn’t even get to hit east of High or really much north of First. It was kinda overwhelming :( Maybe do south of 1st Saturday and north of 1st Sunday or over 2 weekends? I don’t know, I just feel like I would have liked to have seen more. Just a suggestion…

Great day to be out and about though. Meet some cool peeps, saw some cool stuff. Kinda wish I would have bough that cool 8-track player now, haha. Stoooopid.

Roland
    Participant

I scored a really nice wine decanter for a song!

No White Zinfandel allowed… ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Shopping Events & Deals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: