Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Donatos Demolition and New Build

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Short North Donatos Demolition and New Build

This topic contains 97 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy H 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Does anyone have any other pictures besides this one and the couple of interiors from the Dispatch?

I took some last week. They’ll go up soon with an interview Rebecca is working on.

goldenidea
    Participant

I picked-up a pizza using the new drive-thru window on Sunday evening. It’s very similar to the old one. It’s a little tough to get your car real close to the window, partly because there’s some construction fence along the approach, but overall it works just fine.

I also had lunch inside the new space on Saturday afternoon. Mr. Krouse happened to be there, so I had a chance to chat with him briefly. The new interior is really nice. They will be expanding it once construction on the south part of the lot is complete.

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

I am so impressed with how quickly and efficiently they made this project happen. And their construction staging and phasing is really a precedent to be followed. Yes, they had some flexibility with the site and scale of project, but there are a lot of projects that could take notes

Nancy H
    Participant

They were also very neighborly with the surrounding residents. They did not start work until around 7:30AM and never worked late into the evening. By and large they made very little noise beyond the beep-beep-beep of heavy equipment backing up.

It took several adjustments to signage to let people know the drive through was still open.

This morning the window of the old building are covered over and construction fence surrounds the old building. There are a bunch of guys walking around on the roof. So, demolition should start soon.

Drive through is open on the new building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I am so impressed with how quickly and efficiently they made this project happen. And their construction staging and phasing is really a precedent to be followed. Yes, they had some flexibility with the site and scale of project, but there are a lot of projects that could take notes

Just wanted to point out that construction on this one was handled by local firm Elford. They’ve got over 100 years of experience, so it sounds like their professionalism shows. ;)

https://www.columbusunderground.com/elford-celebrates-100-years-of-building-columbus

TunedUpRyan
    Participant

Anyone know when demo of the old building and construction of the black brick bar will start?

Nancy H
    Participant

Anyone know when demo of the old building and construction of the black brick bar will start?

Demolition started this morning. The concrete for the former drive-through is going away as I type this… assume building will start going away later today.

Nancy H
    Participant

taken about 20 minutes ago

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.