Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Donatos Demolition and New Build

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Short North Donatos Demolition and New Build

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

“Chain-y”<br>
    “whatever”<br>
    “all kinds of fine with”<br>
    “meh”

Is there a “places I think are gross” section on the board?

Might be more appropriate than “development” for this thread.

Opinions, man. That’s how they work. I don’t mind Donato’s but if I’m getting paper thin pizza, it’s gonna be Tommy’s or Grandads <3

There could be a million other worse places than Donatos in that spot.
    (I’m being so middle of the road today wtf)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’m skeptical that the building will actually end up looking like this, but if so then I applaud them. Really nice.

Nancy H
    Participant

I would imagine the demo of the buildings on the Wood Companies site will be taking place any day now as well.

The fence is up and some equipment sitting around, but no construction activity yet. Of course, what I see sitting around could be staging for the Donatos building.

Nancy H
    Participant

There could be a million other worse places than Donatos in that spot.

There most certainly could… back around 1990 McDonalds (golden arches and all) beat on the IVC for almost a year trying to build a McDonalds on the lot where Donatos now stands.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I’m skeptical that the building will actually end up looking like this, but if so then I applaud them. Really nice.

Why the skepticism? I mean, that is the rendering that was approved by the IVC, I don’t see any reason to believe it won’t end up looking like this.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mbeaumont wrote:</div>
    I would imagine the demo of the buildings on the Wood Companies site will be taking place any day now as well.

The fence is up and some equipment sitting around, but no construction activity yet. Of course, what I see sitting around could be staging for the Donatos building.

Are you talking about the site proposed for the 5 story building directly north of Donatos? If so this is going to be another great infill along High in Short North!

mbeaumont
    Participant

Yep, that’s the one! Agreed, going to be a great development.

Pablo
    Participant

Steel is going up

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple of quick photos from yesterday…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lots of exterior work being completed on phase one:

MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2015-part-1

bayrea
    Participant

I walked by Sunday and there was a sign that it would be open in December. So I take it they are going to open the new spot and then tear down the old one and keep on building?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So I take it they are going to open the new spot and then tear down the old one and keep on building?

Yep, that’s their plan. Should be zero/minimal downtime between one Donatos opening and the old one closing.

lbl
    Participant

with the more recent upward trend happening in the SN, wonder if they have any regrets about the reserved scale of this project – since its such a prime corner location. they could’ve put another 3 floors of office space, etc.

wpcc88
    Participant

with the more recent upward trend happening in the SN, wonder if they have any regrets about the reserved scale of this project – since its such a prime corner location. they could’ve put another 3 floors of office space, etc.

This is kind of a unique corner though, not a lot of height or density because of the way the street is setup and the existing buildings. If you look a few blocks down at Fireproof you have a completely different situation because of the existing buildings in each direction. I think I would personally be more disappointed if the check cashing place gets replaced with something less than 3-4 stories than this one because it fits into the fabric of the existing corner.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lbl wrote:</div>

This is kind of a unique corner though, not a lot of height or density because of the way the street is setup and the existing buildings. If you look a few blocks down at Fireproof you have a completely different situation because of the existing buildings in each direction. I think I would personally be more disappointed if the check cashing place gets replaced with something less than 3-4 stories than this one because it fits into the fabric of the existing corner.

The Brunner Building, a 6-story building is about to be built immediately adjacent. Donatos will look small next to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 98 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!