Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Dinner Reservations

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Short North Dinner Reservations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Just to clarify, Surly Girl Saloon does rent our back room, The Parlor. We host large parties back there regularly.

To book the space, go to http://www.surlygirlsaloon.com or email us at [email protected]

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Oh, or just go here:

http://www.surlygirlsaloon.com/booking.php

Due to the small kitchen sizes commonly found in our area, many restaurants in the Short North are simply unable to accommodate large groups and give the best service possible. It’s not a slight against your group, we just can’t promise great service if our kitchen can’t handle you. Have you seen the Surly Girl kitchen? It’s lovingly known as the Hot Box and we ask large parties to pre-order because a twelve top ordering all at once could slow up things for your group.

We want your group to eat, drink and be merry. We also wish to serve you as best we can.

So if a restaurant tells you they can’t handle you, well, it’s because we can’t. We would if we could, do you know what we pay in rent down here?

Bear
    Participant

lizless wrote >>
    Just to clarify, Surly Girl Saloon does rent our back room, The Parlor.

D’oh! I forgot about that room… sorry, Liz, good call. And there’s a parking lot across the street, isn’t there?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

We actually own our own lot, just north of the building and south of Good Boy. The spaces are clearly marked with great signage….; )

lifeliberty
    Participant

AH, the Elevator, great selection for the party and evening.
    totally forgot about that space. it is beautiful in there.

Hael

lizless wrote >>
    We actually own our own lot, just north of the building and south of Good Boy. The spaces are clearly marked with great signage….; )

off topic: the main reason i go to surly girl is the available parking. it also happens to have great atmosphere, tasty food, friendly staff and a righteous beer menu. i love the short north but i have to drive and park.

i did not know about being able to rent the back room, that has future potential for a medium group where i would call the order ahead. thank you.

the beer at surly girl is neither female or male, its just sexy.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

thanks so much, hael.

our women-brewed beers render most mere mortals impotent and blurry, just one big drunken, happy, androgynous mess.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I echo Bear’s “D’oh!” and can HIGHLY recommend The Parlor in the back of Surly Girl. Rockmastermike and I attended a lovely wedding reception back there and had a blast. Everyone can actually talk to and hear one another in that space, plus those who wish to can always sneak off and mingle in the main bar.

Bear
    Participant

lizless wrote >>
    our women-brewed beers render most mere mortals impotent

!!

Guess I’ll stick with the mixed drinks from now on.

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: