Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Dinner Reservations

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Short North Dinner Reservations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • Author

honavery

My gf is trying to make reservations for dinner next weekend for 12-14 people. They will be in the Short North area. She has called several places and they will either not take reservations for a party of that size or do not take reservations at all.

Can someone recommend somewhere in the Short North (of a reasonable price) that will take a large-ish reservation?

Thanks.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Have you tried Open Table yet? It lets you make reservations online. It doesn’t cover everywhere in the Short North but it has a decent selection of venues. Top on their list for “Good for Groups” is Marcella’s, but I haven’t been there to recommend it myself.

As for my opinion, Rigbsy’s was able to take a party of 70+ for Slow Food, so I would think they could accomodate 12 or so.

shmack

weekend nights are hard to do. if you are flexible and able to do a weeknight, i’m sure you’ll be able to find restaurants more accommodating.

nitrogenman

honavery wrote >>
    My gf is trying to make reservations for dinner next weekend for 12-14 people. They will be in the Short North area. She has called several places and they will either not take reservations for a party of that size or do not take reservations at all.
    Can someone recommend somewhere in the Short North (of a reasonable price) that will take a large-ish reservation?
    Thanks.

Dragonfly has a large table that accommodates 12-14. [email protected]

Angel

we had 12 at marcella’s a few months ago.

dru
    Participant

it’s been a while, but i’ve seen the Burgundy Room pull together tables that large in the back room behind the fireplace divide.

another option might be Martini, which can handle larger parties.

or if they are looking at something more casual, i’ve seen some large groups in the front area of Barley’s as well.

Bear
    Participant

honavery wrote >>
    Thanks.

What kind of event are you talking about? That’ll help focus recommendations a little bit.

I’d be very reluctant to go with Martini or Marcella’s if you’re going to be drinking wine, simply because the percentage markup on the wine lists is unconscionable. Multiply by 12-14 people and ouch.

honavery

Bear wrote >>

honavery wrote >>
    Thanks.

What kind of event are you talking about? That’ll help focus recommendations a little bit.
    I’d be very reluctant to go with Martini or Marcella’s if you’re going to be drinking wine, simply because the percentage markup on the wine lists is unconscionable. Multiply by 12-14 people and ouch.

It’s basically a girls night out. Places like Rosendales are off the table due to expense.

Reservations are key, most of them are coming in from out of town.

Angel

i went to marcella’s with a bachelorette party. i liked it because we could split all the food. it wasn’t that expensive.

nitrogenman

Bear wrote >>

honavery wrote >>
    Thanks.

How about a plug here, Bear. Dragonfly has a wonderful feminine style food friendly well priced wine list, beautiful sexy decor, a menu for really more for women than men. Biologically speaking, women have more sensitive olfactory capabilities, thus more refine palates and are more likely to appreciate our cuisine. I would say that the majority of our guests are women. That’s right the women are smarter.

And just to reiterate, we do have a perfect and beautifully hand crafted table in the center of the restaurant we call the community table. And the gallery next door. I realize it’s a bit out of the center of the action, only pitfall. But we’d be happy to have a few cabs at the standby for the short jump back on High.

rus
    rus
    Participant

nitrogenman wrote >>
    How about a plug here, Bear. Dragonfly has a wonderful feminine style food friendly well priced wine list, beautiful sexy decor, a menu for really more for women than men. Biologically speaking, women have more sensitive olfactory capabilities, thus more refine palates and are more likely to appreciate our cuisine. I would say that the majority of our guests are women. That’s right the women are smarter.
    And just to reiterate, we do have a perfect and beautifully hand crafted table in the center of the restaurant we call the community table. And the gallery next door. I realize it’s a bit out of the center of the action, only pitfall. But we’d be happy to have a few cabs at the standby for the short jump back on High.

So, for a group of all women Dragonfly would be ok… how about a mixed group, or a group of mostly guys? Just avoid the short north?

Bear
    Participant

nitrogenman wrote >>
    How about a plug here, Bear. Dragonfly has a wonderful feminine style food friendly well priced wine list, beautiful sexy decor, a menu for really more for women than men. Biologically speaking, women have more sensitive olfactory capabilities, thus more refine palates and are more likely to appreciate our cuisine.

I didn’t even know it was a girls’ night out — only info I had was, 12-14 people and “reasonably priced,” which can mean a lot of different things to different people. If the focus is going to be on the food and wine, and they’re not the types to get bent out of shape by the absence of meat, absolutely I’d say Dragonfly would be an excellent choice.

But when I hear “girls’ night out,” knowing nothing whatsoever about the girls, it conjures up images of many inexpensive Appletinis and reasonably high-end bar food. That’s why I’m trying to get more of a sense of what they want out of the evening….

Angel

what kind of food would “feminine style” consist of? I’m curious

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Deepwood!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Angel wrote >>
    what kind of food would “feminine style” consist of? I’m curious

Lots of edible flowers? :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: