Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Coffee House closing tonight at midnight

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Short North Coffee House closing tonight at midnight

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Nancy H
    Participant

I was by there a couple hours ago. Definitely looks like rebuilding the storefronts. A lot of old stuff has been removed and it looks like they are opening up the original upper glass areas above the entries. Basically everything from Paulie Gees north to the wrap-around storefront at the corner of Fifth & High.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Coffee shops are a rough business. It’s hard to keep a place open selling $2 cups of coffee while people want to site there all day. I’m kind of curious whether that new community center at the Jeffrey will have open lounge space that people can use ‘to office’ as they say now.

Nancy H
    Participant

The Short North Coffee House was much loved by surrounding businesses and neighbors. I met some friends at Paulie Gee’s this evening, and did a quick look at the storefront rebuilds. Pretty rough right now with mostly 2x4s and plywood where glass will eventually be located. Revolution Cycles and Royal Factory Atelier are definitely open. No idea what is going on with the old Blazer’s space. Short North Coffee House has their name (in paper) on a storefront, but I do wonder about them. Seems to be taking a very long time to get open again.

A coffee shop with a nice dessert menu in that area would do well with the after theater crowd from Short North Stage (Garden Theater).

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

if you ever pass by when the doors are open to see beyond the paper, they’ve done some significant work inside the SN Coffee House and the old Blazers spot (Buns and Brews). Lighting is in, bars are built, etc…

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

That signage for Buns and Brews feels like it’s been up forever. Any website or FB page or anything? I’ve found some places with the same name, but I’m not sure if it’s a chain or what.

Zekequinn89
    Participant

Just wanted to give an update, was just in SNCH today speaking with the owner, they are almost complete with the build out and are working on finishing touches, painting, set up, and hope to open in March. The experienced some set backs initially as there was dispute with city inspectors regarding some of the updates they made but it’s all been resolved and they are full steam ahead on opening soon! They will be 24 hours once again also. The place looks great!

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Just wanted to give an update, was just in SNCH today speaking with the owner, they are almost complete with the build out and are working on finishing touches, painting, set up, and hope to open in March. The experienced some set backs initially as there was dispute with city inspectors regarding some of the updates they made but it’s all been resolved and they are full steam ahead on opening soon! They will be 24 hours once again also. The place looks great!

Did they give any info on when the boarded up exterior will be replaced?

Pablo
    Participant

Looks like the window contractor is on site – this morning as I drove by they were fitting trim pieces.

smegs
    smegs
    Participant

any updates on a reopening date?

Zekequinn89
    Participant

They hit a couple snags but got final approval and clearance from all permits! May 6th at 9am Short North Coffee House Re-opens 24 hours.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO