Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shoppes on Olentangy

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Shoppes on Olentangy

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Just look at how well the 6000 Calorie grilled cheese mountain and nachos landfills sell.

Awww, F! Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough

You would have loved to hate the serving of “nachos” I got in a Dublin restaurant, just a pile of chips with this fake “cheese” that hardened like candle wax when it cooled.

ImNotaStar
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>joev wrote:</div>
    Not too many people want to buy disgusting garbage poison for lunch.

Have you looked at the restaurant industry lately? I think you’re way wrong. People love disgusting food for lunch. They like big piles of grease and starch loaded with salt. Just look at how well the 6000 Calorie grilled cheese mountain and nachos landfills sell. Have you seen the industrial rendering plants that pass for an “eggs Benedict” at some places nowadays? that used to be a respectable brunch, with plenty of room for a bloody Mary, or two.

+1. I think we even have a tater tot food truck in Columbus.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Just look at how well the 6000 Calorie grilled cheese mountain and nachos landfills sell.

Awww, F! Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough

You would have loved to hate the serving of “nachos” I got in a Dublin restaurant, just a pile of chips with this fake “cheese” that hardened like candle wax when it cooled.

Well, okay, the first 3 or 4 bites are pretty delicious, I’ll admit but by the time you get 3/4 of the way through it’s pretty disgusting and you’re wondering why on earth you thought you could eat the whole thing! LOL :D

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

That whole section of Olentangy River Road is in constant churn. The dead in Union Cemetery bask in their quiet, and just watch.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Skyline is finishing up soon, but the bigger news is that the neighboring University City Center is scheduled to be demolished at the end of 2017. That strip was originally built in the late 1950s and last renovated in the mid 80s. Hope we don’t lose institutions like Fortune Chinese restaurant in the process though.

Source: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/northwest/news/2016/04/04/table-tennis-anyone-club-truly-an-international-organization.html

ricospaz
    Participant

Very sneaky, you click the link and get a story about table tennis. NO!!!!!!

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

Interesting. I wonder if that means they plan to replace the area with a new strip mall with a Kroger anchor or if they’re looking for other development on the site — that could mean that the project up at Broadway with the Kohls should maybe be taking shape sooner than later.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Ghost of Columbus Past: there was a movie theatre on the McDonalds site.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I would be so disappointed if Fortune were to close.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Very sneaky, you click the link and get a story about table tennis. NO!!!!!!

I clicked on the article by accident, but everything went better than expected.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Ghost of Columbus Past: there was a movie theatre on the McDonalds site.

IIRC it was where Applebee’s is today.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Maybe to subdue your disappointment, the head chef from Fortune moved awhile ago to a place that used to be a Chinese buffet and now is a Schezwan place in the shopping center at the corner of Reed and Henderson. I can’t remember the name but it’s a few doors down form TJ MAX

RBloodworth
    Participant

I think you’re thinking of Hong Kong House. I know they changed their format a couple of years ago to go more towards authentic Sichuan, but I didn’t know they hired Fortune’s chef.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gus W wrote:</div>

Maybe to subdue your disappointment, the head chef from Fortune moved awhile ago to a place that used to be a Chinese buffet and now is a Schezwan place in the shopping center at the corner of Reed and Henderson. I can’t remember the name but it’s a few doors down form TJ MAX

Honestly, I’ve been to Hong Kong House a few times recently, and I still think Fortune’s putting out better Sichuan dishes. It’s also more convenient for me to get to. :D

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: