Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shoppes on Olentangy

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Shoppes on Olentangy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Construction appears to have started on this new strip that will finally replace the vacant lot that used to house Damon’s. If you get a craving for Skyline Chili but don’t like having to drive to the Outerbelt, you’re in luck.

https://buzztarget-images.s3.amazonaws.com/ListingDocuments/20168/1e2a0948-5ef0-41dd-bc7a-ee63691f19f4.pdf

rdmeeker
    Participant

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did you get this Skyline information. My daughter DOES love Skyline and I DO hate driving so far for it.

If this is true, I, for one, would not be sad.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did you get this Skyline information. My daughter DOES love Skyline and I DO hate driving so far for it.

If this is true, I, for one, would not be sad.

Forgot the other link, here you go: http://www.buzztarget.com/Listing/20168/for-lease/ohio/columbus/3025-olentangy-river-road/shoppes-on-olentangy

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Yeah, I saw work going on here and just north on a new hotel as well.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Forget Skyline, Denny’s is coming back to town???

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Yes! Skyline!

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Foundations are going in.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

TaraK
    Participant

Any info on what actual businesses are going in? I live very near. This will be walkable.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Hopefully still a Denny’s.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

There are Skylines by The Continent and on Fishinger Rd. that are in sadly obsolete commercial areas. This would be a nice close one, first new one I’ve seen in a while. But weirdly it’s still in a kind of obsolete commercial area. I’m not sure I get their approach. Why isn’t there one at Easton or nearer the core?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Any info on what actual businesses are going in? I live very near. This will be walkable.

Skyline and Denny’s are publicly confirmed now. I think there is only room for one other storefront.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/12/08/skyline-chili-lands-coveted-campus-area-site.html
    https://www.dennys.com/locations/

Analogue Kid
    Participant

There are Skylines by The Continent and on Fishinger Rd. that are in sadly obsolete commercial areas. This would be a nice close one, first new one I’ve seen in a while. But weirdly it’s still in a kind of obsolete commercial area. I’m not sure I get their approach. Why isn’t there one at Easton or nearer the core?

Skyline isn’t fine dining; the cost of the property matters. They mentioned in the article that they were almost priced out of Olentangy West as it were by Raising Cane’s and others.

joev
    Participant

Not too many people want to buy disgusting garbage poison for lunch.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Thanks for the hyperbole, do you feel better about yourself now?

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Have you looked at the restaurant industry lately? I think you’re way wrong. People love disgusting food for lunch. They like big piles of grease and starch loaded with salt. Just look at how well the 6000 Calorie grilled cheese mountain and nachos landfills sell. Have you seen the industrial rendering plants that pass for an “eggs Benedict” at some places nowadays? that used to be a respectable brunch, with plenty of room for a bloody Mary, or two.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: