Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shooting on Megabus in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shooting on Megabus in Columbus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Bomb Squad Called To Investigate After Megabus Shooting
    Monday May 26, 2014 12:08 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Bomb Squad investigators were called to check out a suspicious package on a megabus in downtown Columbus after a passenger was shot. The shooting happened at Spring and 4th Streets in downtown Columbus around 11:10 a.m.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/05/26/columbus-megabus-shooting-police-involved-shooting.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yikes. I ran by here around 12:30pm and wondered what was going on. There were 20 police/emergency vehicles and another 20 tv crew vans. The tv media absolutely loves this kind of stuff.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

GAH the road was still closed hours later when i drove through. I was wondering what the heck was going on!

DTown
    Participant

I rode by on bike around 11:20, the police were handcuffing a guy (shooter?) and the TV crews were just arriving. People I talked to said they’d heard 6 or 7 shots. Bystanders had been walking their dogs at the dog park. I’d say the news media has reason to love this stuff. Scary, by any measure.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Yup. I was several blocks away. Just heard a bunch of really loud pop-pop-pops. Pretty crazy stuff. Living in downtown Columbus, you don’t expect to hear that during the day. So I just assumed it was something besides gunshots and ignored it the rest of the day. Crazy.

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Yup. I was several blocks away. Just heard a bunch of really loud pop-pop-pops. Pretty crazy stuff. Living in downtown Columbus, you don’t expect to hear that during the day. So I just assumed it was something besides gunshots and ignored it the rest of the day. Crazy.

So I take it you do expect to hear a series of loud gun pops at night?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: