Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shootings, Gun Violence & Gun Control Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Shootings, Gun Violence & Gun Control Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’m hearing Father killed in Jersey, mother at her house, THEN he went to the school. I’ve been trolling the pages of his FB friends I could pull up before his profile got deleted, and a couple of them had made pronouncements that it wasn’t him…then backtracked…like totally confused.

Appears he went to Quinnipiac and was in the theater program from the page.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Reports are girlfriend and another friend of the shooter are missing.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Reports are girlfriend and another friend of the shooter are missing.

Saying now its his brother Adam that was the shooter, that Ryan was the one they talked about arresting earlier as well.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

geoyui
    Participant

They are now saying a brother of the shooter was found dead in Hoboken.

How many brothers did he have, because I’ve heard a brother is in custody and then a deceased brother.

geoyui
    Participant

Sadly, 2 children died at the hospital, so 20 children have been killed along with 6 adults.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Talk about misinformation and confusion. I guess that screen grab of Ryan Lanza may have been legit.

Shooter ID’ed as Adam Lanza.

Police in Hoboken, NJ are questioning Lanza’s older brother Ryan, 24, but he is not a suspect.
    Officials initially reported Ryan Lanza was the suspect in the shooting, however Fox News confirmed the suspect is in fact 20-year-old Adam Lanza.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-school/

geoyui
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Talk about misinformation and confusion. I guess that screen grab of Ryan Lanza was legit.

Shooter ID’ed as Adam Lanza.

Let’s hope the ID and profile pic is correct. There’s already a Adam Lanza Burn in Hell page

bayrea
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Let’s hope the ID and profile pic is correct. There’s already a Adam Lanza Burn in Hell page

Wow.. this Facebook flashnews/intstant page creation is crazy. It reminds me of torch wielding mobs but with internet trolls instead of villagers.

M.O.
    Participant

bayrea said:
    Wow.. this Facebook flashnews/intstant page creation is crazy. It reminds me of torch wielding mobs but with internet trolls instead of villagers.

Yeah. Just imagine if flash lynch mobs could be organized by misinformed mouse clicks.

tdziemia
    Participant

Just more fodder for the 24 hr news cycle and America’s sick fascination with others’ misfortune.

Part of the new normal. Not at all interested in the play-by-play.

DavidF
    Participant

tdziemia said:
    Just more fodder for the 24 hr news cycle and America’s sick fascination with others’ misfortune.

+infinity

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

tdziemia said:

I actually disagree. I think in a situation like this, there’s a desperate desire to find some “why” and a lot of that is finding out the “who”. Not that I expect to have some moment of real understanding, but I know one thing…this is happening way too often. Having access to as many facts as possible about this event allows me to further form an opinion on how to prevent it from happening again.

tdziemia
    Participant

Core, I agree with your point. But reporters shoving mikes in the faces of parents an hour aftr the tragedy won’t help that at all. Analysis of patterns from these increasingly frequent events might. But we’re sure not gonna learn anything like that from network news

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

tdziemia said:
    But reporters shoving mikes in the faces of parents an hour aftr the tragedy won’t help that at all.

That I totally agree with. The crying face montages now airing on every news show isn’t touching and it isn’t news.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,647 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO